5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2018 10:58 AM by TimDensmore

Object Permissions

TimDensmore Apprentice

Does anyone know how to manager permissions to allow a role to view all object records, but only be able to update records with a specific status?

I do not want users to be able to edit changes that have been submitted, but I do want them to view Changes in any state.

When I configure as above, IT Staff can only see records with the Status of "Logged." This is not what we want.

Thanks,

Tim

• 1. Re: Object Permissions
          vee Apprentice

You'll have to put in a case for each status.

Here is an example from a module "vulnerability":

So I've got users can only view records (not modify) when status is Active or Closed, and "update and view" when status is Logged.

• 2. Re: Object Permissions
            TimDensmore Apprentice

Vee,

This works, but an even better solution was to put Update and view records where Change's Status is equal to  "Logged", and View where Change's Status is not equal to "Logged" -- this covered all other statuses.

Another quick question -- we have approvals associated with changes, and according to the results of the approval, the status changes accordingly. Would specifying that a role only has view access prevent them from approving the Change via FRS_Approval#, or do the permissions not matter as the update is actually coming from a workflow?

Thanks,

Tim

• 3. Re: Object Permissions
              vee Apprentice

Yes, makes more sense to do a "not"! Nice work.

Honestly I'm not sure what would happen with approval votes. Would be worth testing it in stg.

• 4. Re: Object Permissions
                vee Apprentice

I just gave it a quick test and it didn't present any obvious issues. So it might just work for you

• 5. Re: Object Permissions
                  TimDensmore Apprentice

Vee,

Confirmed that it has no effect on approvals.

Thanks,

Tim