5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2018 9:11 AM by scott.phillips

Incident Auto close

virlez Rookie

We use Autoclose after many days to change status of our incident.

Between the days users can move to an other team.

Can you help me to indicate into the quick action how not controle if owner of my incident is link to the incident team.

I must be use childfold function?

• 1. Re: Incident Auto close
          scott.phillips SupportEmployee

Virlez,

Can you expand on your question, I am not completely understanding what you are looking to do?

Maybe give an example of what you want to control?

• 2. Re: Incident Auto close
            virlez Rookie

Before closing an incident, I check that the owner is part of the team indicated in the ticket.

The ticket closes automatically after 10 days.

During his 10 days, the user can change teams which is a problem for me when closing the ticket because at that moment the user is no longer part of the indicated team.

To compensate for this I used a childfold to get over this rule

• 3. Re: Incident Auto close

Virlez,

I just want to make sure I have this all straight.  So as an example:

1.  Incident is created for Team "IT" and Owner "Scott".

2.  During the lifecycle of this Incident, at some point Scott is removed from the IT team and placed in the HR Team.

3.  However, the Incident still has Team of IT and Owner of Scott.

4.  The escalation schedule kicks off the 10 day auto close and closes the Incident with this Team/Owner combination which technically is not valid.

Is that what is happening or am I totally off base?

• 4. Re: Incident Auto close
                virlez Rookie

Hi Scott ,

That's exactly what it is.

Apart from no longer checking that the owner is part of the team, I have not found any other solutions

• 5. Re: Incident Auto close

virlez,

I cannot think of a good way to cascade a team link change from the Employee record to also update historical data like already created Incidents.

I would assume the re-linking of an Owner to a different team is not necessarily a common circumstance is it?