3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 31, 2018 4:32 AM by phoffmann

Client findet Core nicht

r.zimmer Rookie

Hallo in die Runde,

folgendes Problem tritt bei einem Teil unserer Clients auf:

Der Sicherheitsscan findet den Core Server nicht.

Darauf hin haben wir den Kaspersky Antivirus- und den Ivanti Client komplett entfernt und neu installiert.

Die Installation läuft ohne Probleme beim anschließenden Sicherheitsscan passiert wiederum nichts.

So sieht das dann aus.

Hat Jemand ne Idee was wir hier machen können?

• 1. Re: Client findet Core nicht
          phoffmann SupportEmployee

So - first off ... please don't forget to post your major/minor version that you're on (i.e. "2017.3 + SU3").

The second thing is you will want to see what the vulnerability scanner log on the client has to say (or just run "vulscan /showui" to force the GUI to show) ... and see what that has to say. Log-files live in here --> "C:\ProgramData\LANDesk\Log\"

Other helpful links:

Could be you've got problems talking to IIS (so you might need to look at the Core-side IIS-log) and related things.

If you get a "couldn't resolve name" type error, you might need to do a Wireshark trace to see where you're talking to.

You can also try to see if "forcing" alternate names / IP-is would work. So for example:

C:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\LDClient>vulscan /CoreServer=192.168.1.1 /showui

Here I'm forcing the UI to display (so I can see any errors) and overriding the usual value for the Core to an IP (192.168.1.1) ... but you could use a FQDN here as well. This can help you if you've got DNS / network issues potentially. A good, simple way to trial & error quickly.

Start with that & go from there.

• 2. Re: Client findet Core nicht
            r.zimmer Rookie

Sorry, wir nutzen 2017.3.

• 3. Re: Client findet Core nicht
              phoffmann SupportEmployee

OK - you may want to go through the rest of the troubleshooting process that I've described above.

Do note that 2017.3 has a fair few "post release" service updates (and you don't mention any) ... so if you've not installed any of those, you may want to grab the latest one that is in the patch content & deploy that to a test device to see if that helps you. You will certainly want to update the Core with it for certain.