3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 25, 2012 9:26 AM by Roadwarrior

External Email from Incident Action

Rookie

Is there a way to create an action like "external email" that would allow an analyst to send an email to an external recipient (i.e. not a user in LANDesk Service Desk)?

• 1. Re: External Email from Incident Action
          Apprentice

You can add a reminder then and recipient.  That should work, however wont if you want it within the process.

• 2. Re: External Email from Incident Action
            dmshimself ITSMMVPGroup

I don't think you can send an email to an external recipient just as a text address.  The person has to be registered in LANDesk.  The closest standatd approach I've got is to use the ADD CC feature which sends a copy of any email updates sent to raise user to another adress and this can be just a textual email address.

It's a common request and I'd raise an ER for it.

• 3. Re: External Email from Incident Action
              Rookie

I have been able to use an alternative email address field on an incident to send email to a different email account than that of record for a user.

you have to set up the CC recipient functionality (see admin manual). After CC is set up, I placed an auto action in my process, right after the starting status, using the cc recip action. I then use a calculation to fill in the field where the alt email field from the incident is the email field on the cc window.

import System

static def GetAttributeValue(_IncidentCCRecipient):

Value = _IncidentCCRecipient.Process._AltEmail

return Value

This will send email to the address on record and the alternate field I have on the window.