2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2009 9:04 AM by jan.buelens

Easy HII

Apprentice

I thought I would share my method for HII. It is a simplified version of anything I found when I was trying to get HII working. It may help some people and others may have a way to improve it.

Basically you capture a sysprepped image with no drivers installed.

Create a template to deploy this image but before the PV agent is installed copy the drivers for that particular PC off a network share and onto the PC

Attached is a step by step guide.

Any Feedback is welcome

• 1. Re: Easy HII
          Rookie

Have you seen Jan Buelen's "Hardware Independent Imaging - rev 9.1"? This has helped me a lot (and I am sure countless many others).

I am having problem configuring PCs with AMD + NVidia components (Lenovo A60) where the base Image was created on a PC with Intel components. I do not know, at this point, if it is even relevant, but one of your steps...

Remove driver location details from reg key [hklm\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\devicepath]

...may be helpful. I'll test and post back.

Anyway, my problem is, I am getting BSOD with 7E code (or 7B, very hard to read on the split-second Blue Screen) after post image reboot (before Mini Setup). I suspect it is related to non-Intel SATA controller (MSD) driver. ...but I'll put my question on a new post.

Thanks!

• 2. Re: Easy HII
            Employee

Just so happens, somebody else went through this in the last few days, worked out what was causing the BSOD 7E and published the solution in this article.