7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2009 11:26 AM by Jared Barneck

mode gateway

Rookie

Hi

i have a problem because i would like to change mode. I would like to change "direct mode" to "gateway mode".

My agent haven't the icon at the bottom right because my icon is hidden.

How can i change the mode without my icon?

Thanks

• 1. Re: mode gateway
          phoffmann SupportEmployee

The registry key:
          ""
          HKLM\SOFTWARE\Intel\LANDesk\WUSER32\Gateway
          ""
          will have a value of “1” if the machine is in gate way mode, “0” if it is not in gateway mode. 

Note - if the machine has never been switched to gateway mode, this key will not exists.

- Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead

• 2. Re: mode gateway
            Rookie

HI

thanks for your reply!

Where can i write "ip adress" because if i put only this key in the registry, agents have to know who is my "gateway's server"?

thanks a lot

• 3. Re: mode gateway
              Rookie

i think it's in the brokerconfig.exe whicjh permit to put the ip adress?

i've found the command lines (at the bottom of this subject) in your website but i can't put the name or ip adress of the manegement's gateway in command lines.

I would like update 2000 agents. For this reason, i would like t put the ip adress in command-lines

thanks

Command-line parameters for BrokerConfig.exe

BrokerConfig.exe /r[/h][/d][/t ....]

Command Description

/r Request to obtain certificate from the LANDesk Management Suite Core Server

/h Help

/d Connect using the Management Gateway ONLY

/t Used to stress test the LANDesk Management Gateway. Input a MaxSizein (in bytes), a Max RturnSize (in bytes), the number of threads to use and credentials for the LANDesk Management Suite Core Server.

Example: (/t 50 50 10 Domain\Username password)

• 4. Re: mode gateway

If you wish to automatically configure the Broker on devices, then you will need to use BROKERCONFIG, yes, which you can get by contacting LANDesk support if you do not have it yet.

There's various necessary parts in getting clients to be aware of a Broker (including a unique certificate to thet client), so this is not stuff that can be just created via the registry.

NOTE - because use of BROKERCONFIG requires you to enter a domain-account / password combination, we generally are very cautious with recommending it, and if you do use it, use tools like AUTOIT or such to encrypt the scripted commands, so that you don't end up with an opportunity for people to get into your network, potentially.

- Paul Hoffmann

• 6. Re: mode gateway

True - knew I'd forgotten something.

Thanks Mr. Z .

- Paul Hoffmann

• 7. Re: mode gateway
                    Jared Barneck SupportEmployee

Autogateway is a great tool.

Also, make sure to read the method for doing this in a custom script.

Switching Devices to and from Gateway Mode