2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2018 2:04 PM by PaulfromIT

Delete registry key not working.

PaulfromIT Rookie

Hello,

I have an Appsense/Ivanti Workspace Manager question.  I am trying to delete the following key from our user's registry at logon: HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UFH\SHC.  For some reason it will not work and it is driving me crazy.  It does work with group policy but I really want to get it working via Environment Manager.  I have attached screenshots.  I have tried placing this at both the pre-desktop and desktop-created level.  I can see in the event log that the task completes but the key is still there.

Thanks your for your assistance,

Paul.

• 1. Re: Delete registry key not working.
          joeh SupportEmployee

Hi Paul

The best way to diagnose this will be to capture some EM logs of a logon and then use EmMon to find the action. You'll be able to see the error and any error codes or other information. The best way to do this:

1. From the installation media, find the EnvironmentManagerTools64.msi and install it (you can install it on a server or your laptop or even the client machine)

2. On the client machine, run 'C:\Program Files\AppSense\Environment Manager\Tools\ClientLoggingSetup.exe'

3. Click the button in the top-left corner, leave all the defaults and click OK. The log file will be created in C:\Logs

4. Reboot

5. Run ClientLoggingSetup.exe again and disable logging

6. Run EmMon.exe

7. Load the log file from C:\Logs and click 'Analyze user activity'

8. You can now view all the actions captured in the logs - you can drill down to Policy > User > Logon and you should find the action there. The detail will be in the bottom-right pane.

Full instructions on how to use EmMon is in the 'Ivanti Environment Manager Administrative Tools Guide.pdf' which is in the Guides folder of the install media.

Hope this helps!

• 2. Re: Delete registry key not working.
            PaulfromIT Rookie

Thank you Joe, this helped me solve the problem and will be very useful going forward.