3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2009 4:47 AM by Bricktop

Category fullname placeholder for response level notifications

Apprentice

I have a three level category that uses the format Trust - Site - Department and I am trying to get the 'Trust' information into a notification on a particular response level.  This information is stored in a business object called usr_LocationCategory (in the system module) and as its a 3 level category its obviously subjected to the parent - guid for each each level.  I understand that I can use fullname to extract all three levels, which would be fine.  As a result I've tried all sorts of variations {Location Category/Fullname{, {_LocationCategory/_fullname}, etc) but can't seem to get it right.  Anybody know what I dshould be using ?

Many thanks in advance

Bricktop

• 1. Re: Category fullname placeholder for response level notifications
          Stu McNeill Employee

Hey Bricktop,

If the category will *always* be selected to the 3rd level you can reference back to the top level using...

{_LocatlionCategory/_Parent/_Parent/_Title}

Check the attribute names in Object designer but that should do it by referencing the parent of the parent.  However if you allow your users to select the 1st or 2nd level then the second _Parent will be null and the placeholder will also return null.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Category fullname placeholder for response level notifications
            Apprentice

Just found out it should be {_LocationCategory/FullName}.  The underscore is because its a user created table (usr_LocationCategory) and FullName is generated by the system (ubr_FullName).  These are also case sensitive.  The easiest way to find out these formats is to look at the Business Objects names.

For example, I went into Object Designer, Incident Management, Incident, located Location Category and noted the Name property (_LocationCategory), then went to the System module double-clicked on the Business Object Location Category, selected the FullName category and noted the Name (FullName).  Then I simply threw a forward slash between, a couple of squiggly brackets around them and Bob's your uncle.

{_LocationCategory/FullName}

Many many thanks to Tom West who not only answered the original question but allowed me to understand how.

• 3. Re: Category fullname placeholder for response level notifications
              Apprentice

Thanks Stu, that is also very helpful.  I'll give it a go!