2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2018 11:15 AM by jerrod

Using HTTP for all packages

jerrod Apprentice

I am currently migrating to EPM 2018.3 with a side-by-side migration. I chose to start fresh instead of using our existing database. One of the changes I'd like to make is using HTTP for all packages instead of a combination of HTTP/UNC. Since Mac packages require HTTP and the CSA does as well, it seems to make the most sense.

Are there any caveats to only using HTTP?

Currently, the default HTTP settings leave everything accessible to any user on our network. Although users can't install software, they could easily find information that they shouldn't, such as license keys. Is there a recommended way to make this more secure without causing problems during package and patch deployment?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Using HTTP for all packages
          MarXtar ITSMMVPGroup

Hi, major caveats are that except for single file installers you won't be able to do a run-from source type installation since the files will need to be downloaded to the client before execution. Generally not much of an issue but can slow provisioning down for some people.

You can set up windows authentication on your HTTP shares and configure credentials in your preferred server settings so that they aren't anonymous access.

Mark McGinn

MarXtar Ltd/MarXtar Corporation

http://ivantione.marxtar.com

Ivanti One Development Partner

Try MarXtar Enterprise Notifer for Ivanti to Better Communicate with Your Service Subscribers

Try MarXtar State Management for Ivanti to Better Understand and Manage your Assets

• 2. Re: Using HTTP for all packages
            jerrod Apprentice

Great, thanks. Running from source isn't an issue for us, but something I didn't consider.