I have noticed the same.
I think the reason is that the Servicedesk application generates outbound messages with endusers that have the flag notification method set to none or internal. The result will be messages created for outbound but with no e-mail adress attached to the messages. and tihis causes the event logg apllication error messages.
I have made a query running towards System/ user message recipient. This query shows all outbound messages, I simply erase the messages that has the flag emaild failed set to true.
Te best way though is maybe to write the process with conditions that do not create messages if the user does not have the notification message set to external.
A question to Avocent by the way:
- If a user has the notification flag set to none or internal the outbound service should not process these records in the message queue I would expect!
Please log this as a bug with your suppliers - I have already done so. It really annoys me that the eventlog is full of items that are not genuine errors or warnings. It makes troubleshooting really difficult.
As a small workaround, run the mm_archive script to archive off these on daily basis. It used to be an essential for some releases and still has it's place now.
Also do not set notification method to none - if you don't want messages to go it, it's best to use internal unti la small feature is addressed. (Did someone mentioned 7.3)