2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2019 2:07 AM by sibox

HTML tel: opens a new tab in Chrome

sibox Apprentice

Hello People & Happy new year!

I followed this how to - How to create a link on Incident, that can be used to automatically call a customer (eg, "Call from Lync" or "Call from Skype")

When i click on the link using Chrome a new tab opens and a window appears asking me do i want to call the number.

This is what i would like, however the Chrome tab remains open

In IE a new tab quickly opens then closes and the window appears asking me do i want to call the number, which is what i would like happen, just with Chrome instead.

When i inspected the page in Chrome i can see........

Does this mean the ISM is somehow forcing the new tab by adding target="_blank" ?

The expression used is - $("<a href='tel:" + [OtherObject]Phone1 + "'>Call From Jabba</a>")

I have made the changes in service request BO using ISM 2017.3.1000.31399

Any help would be awesome!

Si

• 1. Re: HTML tel: opens a new tab in Chrome
          Jonathan.Schmidt SupportEmployee

Hi Sibox,

A quick google shows the Chrome seems to have all sorts of issues with the target="_blan" that vary depending on chrome version.  I think that may be a needed part of the HTML to get the behavior to function and not overtake the current tab (leaving ISM open). This could likely be imporved in some way but I believe the system is working as designed at the moment.  I'd recommend a feature request on the Ideas portal to improve how this works.  Please be sure to include any further info you've found on the situation and how this will benefit your business.  The better you can flesh out the use case on the request, the more likely Product Management will accept it as something they'll get development working on.

Ivanti Community Ideas Homepage: https://community.ivanti.com/community/enhancementrequests

Jon

• 2. Re: HTML tel: opens a new tab in Chrome
            sibox Apprentice

Hi Johnathan,

Good one, that makes sense. I will put in an enhancement request and thank you for your reply.

Si