2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2019 9:28 AM by LYang

Certificate for Database and GoldMine Connect

LYang Rookie

Hi,

Our company will be upgrading GoldMine from version 2018.1.0.261 to the latest version of 2018.2. As part of that upgrade, there is an option for encrypted database connection using a database server certificate. I am not sure what this certificate is and how I would implement it to the GoldMine database. Is it related to the self-signed certificate or a trusted third-party SSL certificate for GoldMine Connect?

In regards to GoldMine Connect, can we use a different port number instead of the default port 443?

Thanks,

Lee

• 1. Re: Certificate for Database and GoldMine Connect
          John Neighbors SSMMVPGroup

"I am not sure what this certificate is and how I would implement it to the GoldMine database."...

I am not familiar with such either (just don't have the specific experience).  However, I do KNOW most people do NOT want to accept the default answer to this prompt.  That is, unless you have specifically taken steps to implement such DB encryption, you want to change the answer to this prompt to NO.

"Is it related to the self-signed certificate or a trusted third-party SSL certificate for GoldMine Connect?"...

No, this is something totally different.

"In regards to GoldMine Connect, can we use a different port number instead of the default port 443?"...

My understanding is that you CAN change the port #.  I believe (but do not know for sure) that there is a document within the GoldMine community that the gives the details.

Hope this feedback helps.

• 2. Re: Certificate for Database and GoldMine Connect
            LYang Rookie

Thanks John for the quick response and feedback. This clear some of my confusion with the upgrade process. Much appreciated.

I put in a web support ticket with Ivanti and still await for their side of the answers.