3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2009 9:27 AM by phoffmann

Any task running with more than 200 machines, is down.

Rookie

Hi, all!

Any task I have created with more than 200 client machines is down. It seems that process down.

One month ago, core server usually worked with 2000 client machines as well.

Thks in advanced.

Regards,

Maria

• 1. Re: Any task running with more than 200 machines, is down.
          SupportEmployee

Thats pretty broad in terms of whats going on. Please let us know the the version of Landesk you are using an a little information about the type of task. That being said, typically when I see this sort of thing it is related to IIS performance. Specifically the application pools. Here is a community doc that reviews some steps in how to generally optimize IIS. Though, to be honest, its difficult to say do steps a - d and you will be good to go. As with any tuning of a server it requires making adjustments that may be specific to your environment and what specifically is causing the issue.But the doc is a good place starting place. Here is the doc http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-1071

• 2. Re: Any task running with more than 200 machines, is down.
            Rookie

Gerald, good morning!

Gerald, I was checking IIS configuration and I saw LANDesk(8.6.0) is working with ASP.NET version 1.1.43.22 but file location is showing other version: v2.0.50.727.

This last version was changed july/2009. Could it be a problem?

Best Regards,

Maria

• 3. Re: Any task running with more than 200 machines, is down.
              phoffmann SupportEmployee

It definitely will be.

Change all www-sites back to using .NET 1.1 -- 8.6 doesn't react well at all to .NET 2.0

The only version of LDMS that uses .NET 2.0 is 8.8 -- generally (as a rule) - to keep away from such problems, ONLY install the supported version of .NET and do not update it.

The "it doesn't work" scenario is the best of them. The "it's utterly broken and we can't fix it" also exists (and usually means a restore from backup / rebuild).

- Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead.

1 of 1 people found this helpful