2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2019 2:01 AM by chainarong

Calculate time spent on tasks?

chainarong Apprentice

Hi,

I am looking how to calculate total actual time that support teams spend on the incident task.

meaning of "total actual time" on task is duration that support team owner accept till complete the task except waiting duration. Calculation would be ( Complete Time - Accept Time) - (Waiting Time).

Thanks,

Chainarong R.

• 1. Re: Calculate time spent on tasks?
          Paul.Shields SupportEmployee

The data you are looking to capture is captured through the escalation schedule.  When a task is set to Waiting, the clock pauses and then resumes when the Task is continued. The data can be referenced through this: [Frs_data_escalation_watch#.AssignmentAssocResolutionEscWatch]DisplayTotalDuration That will display the total time the Task was Active and not the time when it was waiting. The above reference can be used from Task to display the Total Time Spent directly on the Task record. 

• 2. Re: Calculate time spent on tasks?
            chainarong Apprentice

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the answer. I looked at your recommended attribute and it was there. However, I found that if I don't define OLA, value will not show in attribute.

So, it's quite hard for me to define OLA but I actually require to measure the performance of the 2nd tier support.

Thanks,

Chainarong R.