10 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2019 8:10 AM by Mark6785

Webdesk service catalogue

Mark6785 Apprentice

Some of our users are strangely reluctant to order new stuff through the Workspaces / portal / BridgeIT servcie catalogue , and prefer to go to webdesk in self service mode.

Problem is, the first part of the "Request Item" link is an external URL which no longer exists,

Where do I go in the console to correct that?

tia

-mark

(the links are all fine in the workspaces version)

• 1. Re: Webdesk service catalogue
          Julian Wigman ITSMMVPGroup

Hi Mark

Can you screenshot and post what you are looking at?

Julian

• 2. Re: Webdesk service catalogue
            Mark6785 Apprentice

Hi Julian,

All the request items have links which begin with https://servicedesk.bfwh.nhs.uk , which i want to change to an internal address

• 3. Re: Webdesk service catalogue

Mark6785

OK, those buttons aren't the "product" way to launch the request as that is normally a button at the far right of the tile.

Your developer has instead put a hyperlink on each item directly into the description field.

So in answer to your question, open the request item (wherever you've stored them) in the CMDB (typically OOTB in the "Services" CI Type) and for each edit the hyperlink in the description field.

Julian

MarXtar Ltd

• 4. Re: Webdesk service catalogue

Mark6785 Did my suggestion fix this for you?

Julian

• 5. Re: Webdesk service catalogue
                  Mark6785 Apprentice

Thanks Julian , will try it soon as i can , currently having a crisis with bulk actions rejecting certain requests ...

• 6. Re: Webdesk service catalogue

Lol, “a crisis” and bulk actions are definately statements that normally arrive together!  

• 7. Re: Webdesk service catalogue
                      Mark6785 Apprentice

Hi Julian ,

The URL dosent seem to be in the item description!

The Dev who set it up has left the dept , but ill send him a mail to see if he can remember how its set up ...

• 8. Re: Webdesk service catalogue
                        Mark6785 Apprentice

hmm , he say:

"It will be a report view on the request object. If you check the query settings on the dashboard this should show which report its applying to the query results"

Which means very little to me "query settings on the dashboard" ? I cant find the dashboard in console with the "select dashboard" button , and in webdesk the "properties" only has the name of the shortcut.

In fact, it isnt a dashboard , the little bar chart icons are dashboards right? and this is a query?

• 9. Re: Webdesk service catalogue

OK that make sense to me.  The above screenshot is just a simple query with a "Report Template" applied to it.

Report Templates are Setup in Object Designer (in the console).   It is difficult to know the name of the Template used in the query but if you do a "Change Report Template" of the query (in webaccess) it should give you the names of the Report Templates used for normal and drill-down modes (I don't see drilldown in use here though as not seeing any "+" symbol). Cancel out of that when you are done.

So in Object Designer, expand "Configuration Management" branch and double-click "Configuration Item" object to show attributes etc on that object in the right-hand panel.  Click the root node (top of the tree) in the right-hand panel and you should see the properties of the "Configuration Item" business object.  Scroll down this property list and you should see a "Report Templates" property with ellipsis "..." at the end.  Click that to open a pop-up that shows all Report Templates.  Look for the named one used in the query and that should show the HTML code used in your screenshot.  That HTML code show have the URL shortcut that is broken.

I don't obviously have your setup but hopefully the screenshots below will give you an idea of where to look and what to change.

Julian

MarXtar Ltd

2019-01-22_12-36-52.jpg

2019-01-22_12-32-37.jpg

• 10. Re: Webdesk service catalogue
                            Mark6785 Apprentice

[edit]

forget this post , i did something wrong ...

trying again ...

[edit2]

Hooray! you did it . Very easy to follow too! , but somehow i got lost in the object designer lol ,

did it again slowly and carefully and - all sorted now.

Thanks Julian!