1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 22, 2019 2:56 PM by John Neighbors

I need a SQL query to identify how many available drop down options there are for a particular Goldmine field.

bellinghcm Rookie

I need a SQL query to identify how many available drop down options there are for a particular Goldmine field.

• 1. Re: I need a SQL query to identify how many available drop down options there are for a particular Goldmine field.
          John Neighbors SSMMVPGroup

The precise syntax will depend on the precise FIELD.  However, for KEY1, as an example:

select * from lookup where fieldname like 'KEY1%V' order by Entry

The important realities to recognize:

1. Validated lookups (AKA Drop-down values) are stored in the LOOKUP table.
          2. For fields in the CONTACT1 and CONTACT2 tables, the fieldname in the LOOKUP table BEGINS with the NAME of the field, and ENDS with V (v for "value").
          3. For other fields throughout GoldMine (NOT in the CONTACT1 or CONTACT2 tables), it depends on where that field is located as to how it's stored in the LOOKUP table. The fieldname value will always END in a V. I often do "searches" based on a unique VALUE I know is used for a field in order to "find" it within the LOOKUP table.

Hope this feedback helps. Please let me know if I need to clarify anything.

1 of 1 people found this helpful