1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 30, 2019 8:16 AM by John Neighbors

Is it possible to open a lookup of a customfield on a specific location on screen?

RDiele Rookie

I have a customer which has a lookup on a customfield with a large amount of options.

Now every time they want to select an option from the lookup list they drag the the popup to the upper part of the screen first and then make the selection.

Also this popup is stretched to see more option on screen.

Because more options could be selected from the list they repeat this as many times as needed.

But every time you select an option the lookup-popup is closed and have to drag the popup again to the upper part of the screen to see all options again.

Also because de popup 'remembered' that it was stretched, part of the pop-up drops below the visible screen.

Is it possible to open the lookup on a specific location on screen, so that you do not have to drag the popup first to see all options on screen.

• 1. Re: Is it possible to open a lookup of a customfield on a specific location on screen?
          John Neighbors SSMMVPGroup

Unfortunately, it is NOT possible to do as you are asking.  You simply do NOT have that level of control.

I realize this suggestion might not be helpful, but...

I've seen in such cases that it is most often helpful (presuming they are not on such an OLD version of GoldMine that this feature is was not yet available) to have the person doing the data entry type the first n-characters of what they are searching for in the data entry field and then GoldMine will automatically pop-up the matching items, which is generally a MUCH SHORTER list (depending on the lookups and how much they've typed).

For example, rather than just clicking the arrow to pull up the entire list of lookup items, like this:

If I start typing, GoldMine will automatically present a much shorter list, similar to this:

That's the best suggestion I have to offer, but definitely no screen location "control".  Hope this feedback helps.