1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 31, 2019 2:35 AM by phoffmann

Inventory Scan ONLY Custom Data

JacobTucker Apprentice

Before I submit an Idea, I'd like to see if anyone knows if there is a switch for inventorying ONLY custom data or some other creative solution.

The reason this is of value is because we have several inventoried WMI classes where the values are re-enumerated by a script.

I'd like to add this command to the end of the script to send in the newest custom data without forcing the extra effort of a full sync scan.

Example:

C:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\LDClient>LDISCN32.EXE /F /SYNC "/CDOnly"

This doc does not lead me to believe this is current functionality: About Inventory Scanner Switches

• 1. Re: Inventory Scan ONLY Custom Data
          phoffmann SupportEmployee

"yes and no".

So - "NO" as custom data is part of a (full) software scan for historical reasons. So you'd need a full one of those to do that.

HOWEVER ... there is this option here, if you know what you're intending to send ... How to send Custom Data with a Miniscan -- which has been incorporated into the inventory scanner (as pointed out in the comments).

So depending on what you're after, you CAN just run a few lines of the relevant command to get your custom data in  / updated.

1 of 1 people found this helpful