5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2019 10:34 AM by John Neighbors

How do I add fields to the History tab?

bellinghcm Rookie

How do I add more fields in the History tab?

I've logged out of GM, connected to the server, opened my .ini file in the GM directory, added the field I want to view along with its sequential number and supporting format data separated by semi colons, saved the .ini changes successfully.  Problem is when I log back in to GM my new field is not present in the History tab and when I go back to the server and look at my .ini file my changes are gone.  ???

• 1. Re: How do I add fields to the History tab?
          John Neighbors SSMMVPGroup

If you are referring to changing the [HistoryTab] section of the <username>.INI file, then know that you cannot simply take liberties of making changes to that section.  That section simply stores various settings as you last left the History tab (which you can rearrange, columns, etc.) via the GM  interface.  You cannot ADD additional columns via such changes.

The only "additional" column  I am aware of that you can add to the History tab is the "Code" (Activity Code) column.

This is configured via the [ActvObj] section:

ShowHistActvCode=0    Don’t display Activity Code in the History tab.

ShowHistActvCode=1    Display Activity Code in the History tab.

Hope this feedback helps.

• 2. Re: How do I add fields to the History tab?
            bellinghcm Rookie

Thank you! The 'Code' is what I want to add for a handful of users and myself.

However, the only place I find an [ActvObj] section is in some of my users' <username>.ini files that currently have that section configured there.  Is there someplace else I should be activating that 'ShowHistActvCode=0/1' entry besides individual user's <username>.ini files? Someplace else I find the [ActvObj] entry to edit?

• 3. Re: How do I add fields to the History tab?

No, there is no place else.  The <username>.ini files are precisely where this is designed to go.

If the [ActvObj] section is MISSING from any given <username>.ini file, then simply ADD IT.

If this setting should be applied to ALL GoldMine users, across the board (no exceptions), then there is an "override" feature that can be configured within the GM.INI file itself (how to setup an "override" is documented separately).  However, that's purely a matter of using the "override" feature IF this should apply to ALL users.

• 4. Re: How do I add fields to the History tab?
                Doug Castell Expert

Just have the individual user(s) go to Tools|Options|System tab and check the option to 'Show activity code in history tabs'

Additionally, I like to also turn on the option on the Record tab to 'show contact name on activity tabs'

As John indicated, you can make these changes global overrides to individual user preference selections by figuring out the appropriate corresponding INI section/setting and adding it appropriately to the GM.INI

• 5. Re: How do I add fields to the History tab?

Doh!  I guess an old dog CAN learn new tricks.  21+ years working with GoldMine and I simply did NOT know that the "Show activity code in history tabs" option was available on the System tab!   (Actually, I probably knew, but simply forgot.  At least my wife would claim that was it. )

Thanks, Doug!