3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2019 1:21 AM by IJU

Report on call volume by customer

JulianFox Rookie

Our helpdesk is for an internal set of customers and a metric we would like, though not very ITIL, is frequent "callers".

By this I mean we want to quantify the number of Incidents reported by a given customer in a given time period.

Also, similarly, we want a report of top 5 or top 10 customers with respect to number of Incidents logged.

I don't see any built-in way to do this sort of thing. Any ideas on how to create it?

• 1. Re: Report on call volume by customer
          IJU Expert

Hello Julian

maybe a dashboard part with a pie chart could solve the first request. Also the second request. Have a look at the "Top 10" Services dashboard part which I found:

Configuration:

Kind regards

Immanuel Jungheim

Senior Consultant

ITSM Group – Be Better.

www.itsmgroup.com

• 2. Re: Report on call volume by customer
            JulianFox Rookie

This was a really good suggestion and simple to do. Thanks.

I have it working almost like I want but I am having trouble with adding "Table" a drill down.

I have a bar chart that shows the top 10 customers by incident total.

Then I have a drill down level to break up a single customer's incidents by category.

That works fine.

The next level I'd like is a to click on one of the categories and show a table/list of incidents (Incidnt number, summary etc).

This part is not working. Nothing happens when I click a bar in the graph.

Thoughts?

UPDATE: My mistake...it works perfectly. I was trying to see the table results from within the Dashboard preview which it cannot do. The Table is really an executed search so it seems

So when I viewed the Dashboard and drilled down to the table in production dashboard, it worked fine.

• 3. Re: Report on call volume by customer
              IJU Expert

I am glad I could help you.

Kind regards

Immanuel Jungheim

Senior Consultant

ITSM Group – Be Better.

www.itsmgroup.com