11 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2009 8:22 AM by blaine67

Reporting on Incident Notes

Rookie

I am having trouble reporting on Incident Notes - I want to simply be able to print out a Note but don't seem to retrive any data on the crystal report Notes.rpt

• 1. Re: Reporting on Incident Notes
          Lara Hellman SupportEmployee

Hi Bill,

Have you created a Note.rpt Crystal Report?  There isn't one by default, it's one you'll need to create for yourself.

Thanks,

Lara

• 2. Re: Reporting on Incident Notes
            Rookie

Hello Lara

Yes I created a Crystal Report. I had attempted to attach it to my original post!

Thanks

Bill

• 3. Re: Reporting on Incident Notes
              Rookie

This report works fine Bill, are you sure your passing the the im_incident_note.im_guid to the parameter and not he im_incident.pm_guid?

I changed the parameter type to number and changed the report selection to use the im_incident.im_id so that I could test with just an incident number as apposed to a guid. I'd upload it but I use crystal 2008 to edit!

report selection criteria:

{im_incident.im_id}= {?Guid}

Change the  {?Guid}  type to number and run the report with an incident number.

• 4. Re: Reporting on Incident Notes
                Lara Hellman SupportEmployee

Hi Bill,

Apologies, I completely missed that.  I that case, have you added the report to the list of avaiable reports in the 'Crystal Reports' component?

Thanks,

Lara

• 5. Re: Reporting on Incident Notes
                  Rookie

I think so  - the sql is showing as:

SELECT "im_incident"."IM_ID", "im_incident_note"."IM_CREATION_DATE", "im_incident_note"."IM_TITLE", "im_incident_note"."IM_GUID", "im_incident_note"."IM_CATEGORY_GUID", "im_incident_note"."IM_LAST_UPDATE", "im_incident_note"."IM_CREATION_USER_GUID", "im_incident_note"."IM_LAST_UPDATE_USER_GUID", "im_incident_note"."IM_TEXT"
                  FROM   "ITBM_USER"."IM_INCIDENT" "im_incident" LEFT OUTER JOIN "ITBM_USER"."IM_INCIDENT_NOTE" "im_incident_note" ON "im_incident"."PM_GUID"="im_incident_note"."IM_INCIDENT_GUID"
                  WHERE  "im_incident_note"."IM_GUID"=0x7660
                  ORDER BY "im_incident"."IM_ID", "im_incident_note"."IM_GUID"

• 6. Re: Reporting on Incident Notes
                    Rookie

Hello Lara - I have added the report to the list of available reports yes.

• 7. Re: Reporting on Incident Notes
                      Rookie

Ok I have managed to retrieve the note data - I now need to convert numbers (guids) to peoples names!

If anyone is interested the sql is below:

SELECT "im_incident"."IM_ID", "im_incident_note"."IM_CREATION_DATE", "im_incident_note"."IM_TITLE", "im_incident_note"."IM_GUID", "im_incident_note"."IM_CATEGORY_GUID", "im_incident_note"."IM_LAST_UPDATE", "im_incident_note"."IM_CREATION_USER_GUID", "im_incident_note"."IM_LAST_UPDATE_USER_GUID", "im_incident"."PM_GUID", "im_incident_note"."IM_INCIDENT_GUID", "im_incident_note"."IM_TEXT"
                      FROM   "ITBM_USER"."IM_INCIDENT" "im_incident" LEFT OUTER JOIN "ITBM_USER"."IM_INCIDENT_NOTE" "im_incident_note" ON "im_incident"."PM_GUID"="im_incident_note"."IM_INCIDENT_GUID"
                      WHERE  "im_incident"."PM_GUID"="im_incident_note"."IM_INCIDENT_GUID"
                      ORDER BY "im_incident"."IM_ID", "im_incident_note"."IM_GUID"

• 8. Re: Reporting on Incident Notes
                        karenpeacock SupportEmployee

Hi Bill

You should be able to do this by adding the tps_user table into the report and linking from the note table guid for the user (im_incident_note"."IM_CREATION_USER_GUID) to the tps_guid on the tps_user table.

Karen

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                        • 9. Re: Reporting on Incident Notes
                          Rookie

Ok my report now pulls out all the data I want and looks ok BUT! when I select the notes relating to a specific incident in Touchpaper Console it prints out all the notes for every incident!!!!

I guess I only need the note relating to the selected inciden somehow.

• 10. Re: Reporting on Incident Notes
                            Rookie

Ian's post #3 enabled me to correct the final issue - I can now get the notes relating to the specific incident selected.

I have attached the final crystal report for anyone who may want something similar (it is oracle based).

Thanks everyone!

• 11. Re: Reporting on Incident Notes
                              Apprentice

Hi Bill

I tried your report, I updated the data source connection and permissions to our server, but the data comes up blank.

Am I missing something ?

I'm not the best when it comes to Crystal reports.

Also, does this print all the Notes, or just the one your looking at ?