7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2009 3:07 AM by Lara Hellman

Error inbound mail - app log error displayed

Apprentice

Our Inbound email is not working. The inbound responses are coming back from ITBM 7.26 but the Incidents are not updating or logging. I checked the log and there are loads of errors in the application log:

TouchpaperException

Touchpaper Error Code: Exception.Data.NotAuthorisedToInvokeOperation (-2147220415)

Authorisation failure. User is not authorised to perform Create operations on the System.ApplicationMru class type.

Stack Trace:

at Touchpaper.Framework.Data.DataObject.CheckWritable(ClassPrivilegeType privilegeType)

at Touchpaper.Framework.Data.DataObject.SetNew(String lifecycle, String template, Int32 parentContextId, String function)

at Touchpaper.Framework.Data.DataObject.SetNew()

at Touchpaper.Framework.Data.DataObjectContext.InitialiseNewObjects()

at Touchpaper.Framework.Data.SDataObjectContext.ToDataObjectContext(Boolean initialiseNew)

at Touchpaper.Framework.Data.SDataObjectContext.ToDataObjectContext()

at Touchpaper.Framework.Web.DataService.SaveChanges(SDataObjectContext sctxt, Boolean returnChanges)

at Touchpaper.Framework.Web.DataService.SaveObjects(SDataObjectContext sctxt)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at

and

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Any Ideas anyone?

• 1. Re: Error inbound mail - app log error displayed
          LegoGuy SupportEmployee

This is the Most Recently Used list.  MRU.  What happens is that every time a person opens an incident it adds it to this list.  If they don't have permissions to do this then it logs an error.  THe user doesn't see anything in the console, but the application log starts filling up with these errors each time they open an incident.  To fix this you can check out the following community article.

http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-5344

• 2. Re: Error inbound mail - app log error displayed
            Apprentice

Ahh.. That means my issue with Inbound email is still outstanding but is a different issue to the above.

When sending in emails it is being read and I get the standard response "The system was unable to carry out the requested Action 'Create' ."

The Incident is not logged and is very frustrating.

When it reads "Update:Ref" in the subject it is saying its updated hte Incident, however it has not.

Any ideas?

• 3. Re: Error inbound mail - app log error displayed
              LegoGuy SupportEmployee

If you open the mail tool, right on the main section at the top there is a keyword for update.  It is usually the word 'update'.  What this means is if you send in an email with the subject "update 1234" than it is going to take this email and add it to incident 1234 as a note.  If you send in an email with the subject "update ref" than it is going to add this email to incident number ref.  There is no incident with this number, so it crashes when it tries to update the ticket and you get the error message in the log. 

This may be something you'll have to train your users for, making sure they only put the word update in the subject if it is followed by an incident number.

-Nephi

• 4. Re: Error inbound mail - app log error displayed
                Lara Hellman SupportEmployee

Hi Ian,

With regards your first post... what errors are being thrown by the Inbound service now?  Is it not creating/updating anything or is it only struggling with some messages?

And further to Nephi's advice I would suggest you also take a look at the mappings you've got set up to see if there's something there that's not making sense.  Remember the Title field is limited in the number of characters it can hold so if you're mapping the mail body to Title you will need to make sure your Users don't send in long emails!

Thanks,

Lara

• 5. Re: Error inbound mail - app log error displayed
                  Apprentice

Thanks

I've been looking and the mappings seem fine, subject to title and body to description.

Its set to send Reply on update

subject is also set to notes.title and body to notes.text for update emails.

attachments are set against attachment documents and subject to attachment.title.

We're getting the update messages right, but it doesnt actually do anything. but the create new incident side is not working at all and actually sends the response that it could not be created.

This is for any emails, not specific types etc, if the above helps at all.

• 6. Re: Error inbound mail - app log error displayed
                    Apprentice

Hi

I got the updates to work right, removed all mappings and recreated it.

I still have issues with logging. It seems that the Subject (with green tick) shows twice under title and body does the same under description.

If I remove them down to 1 in each and save and then go back in it has 2 in it again.

any ideas?

• 7. Re: Error inbound mail - app log error displayed
                      Lara Hellman SupportEmployee

Hi Ian,

I'll admit I'm at a bit of a loss on this one, would you mind raising a Support case for it so we can investigate further with you?

Thanks,

Lara