5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2019 10:23 AM by Julian Wigman

Multiple Companies ...same Service Catalogue - Service Desk by LANDESK

Orlando Daza Apprentice

Hello:

I need to use the same Service Catalogue in different companies and each company has a support group with other Analyst, in a different location.

I will assign an Analyst of the respective group, that is to say, I´m an Analyst and would Request a Service of the Service Catalogue, then assign to the Analyst of the Network Group, in the same form..then create a Request.

How to configure the Analyst form?

Thanks...

• 1. Re: Multiple Companies ...same Service Catalogue - Service Desk by LANDESK
          Julian Wigman ITSMMVPGroup

Orlando,

By default, as you know, the fulfillment team for a Service Catalogue item is defined on the Item itself in the CMDB but here you want different Support Groups to fulfil the Request based on the users company/location.

i have done this before.

First thing is to add a GROUP related attribute to your company object and call it something like “Request Fulfillment Group” and set for each company.

Next add a boolean attribute to the Configuration Item object and call it something like “Use Company Based Fulfillment” and add to the windows that manage the CI types used in your Service Catalogue.  Tick this for the CI’s you want to use this new feature.

Edit your process and immediately before the automatic action that assigns to your fulfillment group, add a condition that tests the checkbox you just created. Connect the FALSE branch to the existing assignment. Connect the TRUE branch to a new assignment that you add;  this assignment should point the GROUP field at a value type of RAISEUSER>COMPANY>REQUESTFULFILLMENTGROUP.

Hope you get the idea from my outline steps. Mark solved if it works for you!

Julian

MVP

MarXtar Ltd

• 2. Re: Multiple Companies ...same Service Catalogue - Service Desk by LANDESK
            Orlando Daza Apprentice

Hi Julian

Thanks for your answer.

Can you explain to me more the first step, please.

I must create an attribute (string) in the Object Designer - System -Company. Then, in the Window Designer - System - Company  I place the attribute, for each company.

Is Correct?

Regards

• 3. Re: Multiple Companies ...same Service Catalogue - Service Desk by LANDESK

Open Object Designer.

• Open the System>Company object (far right panel).
              • In "Business Objects" tree find "Group"
              • Drag with the mouse "Group" and drop onto "Company" and say "NO" the popup message;  this will add a related attribute on the Company object, name it something like “Request Fulfilment Group”.
              • Add this field onto the "Company" admin window.
              • Open each Company and fill in the Request Fulfilment group value for each.

etc etc

2019-02-25_15-20-12.png 

• 4. Re: Multiple Companies ...same Service Catalogue - Service Desk by LANDESK

odaza  did the above steps make sense.

After that you need a checkbox on the Service Item setup window (CMDB CI) that can be used to enable this functionality instead of the default single Fulfilment group per CI.

Then change your process to test for the state of this checkbox and if ticked (true) then base your assignment on the fulfilment group specified on the raise users company, or if unticked (false) then do the assignment as originally setup in the process.

Julian

Ivanti MVP

MarXtar Ltd