4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2009 6:24 AM by phoffmann

Using multiple queries for a scheduled task

spitzej Rookie

Gang,

I need to roll out Power Management, but I would like to limit it to non-notebooks in a specific LDAP Organizational Unit.  I have the database query to look for chassis = Notebook and the LDAP query which gives me all units of class workstion for the OU working fine.  Is there anyway to use them both?  I can add them both to the scheduled task, but does LANDesk work that way?  Or will it do them both independently?

Thanks!

Ed

• 1. Re: Using multiple queries for a scheduled task
          zman Master

Use the LDAP query for the main target query and then use the machine query for a prerequisite query to limit the machines to laptops.

If you use them both then it will include both results of both querues - not what you want.

• 2. Re: Using multiple queries for a scheduled task
            spitzej Rookie

Thanks Zman.  I apologize, as I'm a real newby at this, but how do I take a Power Managment task (which only appears to let me put it as a scheduled task), and get it into a distribution package (where I see that prerequisites are available)?

Ed

• 3. Re: Using multiple queries for a scheduled task
              zman Master

No apologies needed I forgot it was a scheduled task. I'm not sure why LANDesk chose to use a scheduled task in lieu of a policy, because it sure makes life more difficult. I just spent about 30 minutes going through the DB to see what they are calling for the scheduled task (exe - command line - etc...) but gave up.

• 4. Re: Using multiple queries for a scheduled task
                phoffmann SupportEmployee

I'm pretty sure there's an ER been logged for Power Manager to be available as a policy and so on as well. Remember, it's a Rev 1, so enhancement should be coming down the line. Just can't find the silly thing at the moment.

The usual conundrum of "Something that works now, or the perfect product in 3 years time" so to speak.

But yes, if you want those things, just log those ER's with support / get added to them.

- Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead

1 of 1 people found this helpful