Recently via a service call with LanDesk support, we had to run .Net 1.1 in order for Asset Manager to run via Internet Explorer. I was able to import data via .csv file fine. The main problem I noticed is I was not able to modify the data after being imported. I tried changing my .net to 2.0 to see if that would help, but then the asset manager page would not display via IE. I reverted back to .Net 1.1 and now Asset manager is showing as "page can not be displayed".
Here is the message shown via IE:
The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
Please try the following:
- Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar of your browser is spelled and formatted correctly.
- If you reached this page by clicking a link, contact the Web site administrator to alert them that the link is incorrectly formatted.
- Click the Back button to try another link.
HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
Internet Information Services (IIS)
Technical Information (for support personnel)
- Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 404.
- Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled Web Site Setup, Common Administrative Tasks, and About Custom Error Messages.
Can I resolve this issue by simply reinstalling Asset Manager software?
I'm currently using Landesk Management Suite 8.7 SP6