1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 19, 2009 3:37 AM by Stu McNeill

Problem when exporting windows

Apprentice

We have  a lot of errors when inporting Design transfers of windows. Problably the reason is crap that is no cleaned up of erased stuff in the window.

I get the classic error message:

Object not refenerence...

Did the this:

1. Copied the window  in the source database that gave errors when importing to the destination database 

2. Created a designtransfer  file of the copied Winoww

3. Erased the Window in the soorce database

4. Imported the design tranfer file back into the source database

5. Created a new Design transfer of this window

6. No problem to import this design transfer into the estination.

My question is: Is this a ok procedure to cleanup  windows.

I have tested just to copy windows but I think that this  does a record copy based copy and do not "clean" windows.

Is it so?

Is there any other way to accomplish a "cleanup" of windows?

I have attached a compare file between Designtransfer files before and after the above procedure.

Nice to have some comments on the differences...

Göran

• 1. Re: Problem when exporting windows
          Stu McNeill Employee

Hi Goran,

I don't think there are any known problems raised for windows not importing unless they have been "cleaned up" the way you have.  Unfortunaltey I can't get any information from the comparison you attached because the software wasn't able to properly compare the files.  That isn't suprising though as there are a lot of section headers that are almost identical and any software would have a hard time trying to match them all up.

Could you raise this with Support and upload a copy of the source database so we can look at the differences in the windows before they get exported?

Thanks