4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2009 2:25 PM by rnielsen

format of sql about ALM

Rookie

Hi,there!

SQL statement I would like to ask under what standards? Field can be said is out of specific value and may also be expressed? If the store does not mean that the out of me how to search the database?
        • 1. Re: format of sql about ALM
          phoffmann SupportEmployee

I don't quite understand your question. Can you give an example (doesn't have to be SQL, can be quasy-SQL) of what you're trying to acheive/ask exactly?

The SQL expressions to be used in ALM are pretty standard, so you can play with any query engine ... usually a

""

select (stuff) from (table) where (conditions)
          ""

will be what you're after.

- Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: format of sql about ALM
            Rookie

thank you!

I want to update one form from another formt

I know something that you have said:

select (stuff) from (table) where (conditions)

In process i do not find elements that compose table  , it only have fields.

i want to know what is meaning about fields in the condition!  are they  values or elements that compose table?

eg:

i want to configue a process and sql is:

select user_name from user where user_no = ''001'.'

user_name must be  a element that compose user.

i do not find where shall i set it!

• 3. Re: format of sql about ALM
              Rookie

it only  set fileds when we configue process!

• 4. Re: format of sql about ALM
                Employee

Mao,

Can I assume that you are using the Process Manager portion of ALM?  And the value of the fields themselves only obtain a value in the form when they are filled out by a user (it requires interaction from a user).  Are you trying to perform a query on a form table before the data is there?  Perhaps trying to use it in a workflow listener?  I see from your last note that the fields are configured in the process, but I also that the data in the form is also trying to be queried on.  There is an update form instance action as well that can be used to populate form fields with data if that is what you are trying to accomplish.