3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2009 2:18 AM by phoffmann

Report top X recently logged on users

According to this article http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-1779

LDMS stores the last X usernames to login in the registry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LANDesk\Inventory\LogonHistory\Logons.  When the inventory scanner runs, it parses these values to determine the user which has logged in the most frequently and reports that information to the core.

I see the info I need in the Registry but I am not looking for the most frequent, I am looking for the top X (5 in my case) users.  I have found plenty of VBScripts and also started putting together my own that will allow me to parse this information and/or use WMI to obtain recent user information and last login dates, etc but most of these query local user accounts only.

Does anyone know of an easier way to obtain a list showing me a logon history of my domain users to a given PC?

I was even thinking of enumerating through folder names at C:\Documents and Settings\<username> to obtain this info but I would just like to do it as clean and simple as possible... if possible.

EDIT:  I think I may be on to something with "Configure - Inventory History" and enabling history on Login User.  I have chosen to enable this in Inventory and NT Log.  The problem is 1) it's not queryable and 2) I do not see any entries in either.  When and where is this supposed to report?  (e.g. I'm expecting to be able to log on and off as 5 different domain users, lets say all within 60 seconds and see this information logged somewhere)  I also looked into Zman's logon history.. It's "almost but not quite" for what I'm looking for.  I'm looking for a history though, his concept is to just get a more accurate result for the primary owner.   Hmmmmm....