2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2009 2:13 AM by samfalcone

Policy supported Push task - status off for non reacheable computer instead of waiting

Rookie

Hello guys,

I'm a newbie in LDMS.

I'm using LDMS 8.8 SP3 on core server with client in Win XP Pro also LDClient 8.8 SP3

This is what I'm trying to do, and what I did.

- We have custom tools that are required on each computer of our company.

- To do this I created an custom MSI and created a package in LDMS.

- Then I have created an deploy method "Policy supported push" with no interaction with the users, all must be done silently, setting download from source.

- After what I have created a scheduled task associating the package and this new policy.

When I run the task the computers that are in use, receive the package by the push feature of the method.

But the computers that are shutdown, can't. Then I thought that these will be in waiting status.

Instead of that, I have a OFF status, and the package will never reach the client target.

Then I changed my task to try with push only method, and after with policy only method.

These are working correctly, but the combination of the 2 feature not.

What am I doing wrong, or what can I do ?

Thanks for your help.

• 1. Re: Policy supported Push task - status off for non reacheable computer instead of waiting
          mrspike SSMMVPGroup

A PSP must successfully run or fail on each system as a Task (Push) before it becomes a policy.

We have noticed that some systems stick in the "Active" section, many had been turned off, etc, or for some reason do not update their status.  I thought LD was supposed to have a time out feature, but we are seeing systems stick.

If they stick, the task will never become a policy.

Also, if you have the job set to re-run, it will re-run as a task / push, and if systems stick in active, again not becoming a policy.

I will be working with our TAM on this when I get back on-site next week.

In the mean time, we too have moved to a push only task followed by a policy only

• 2. Re: Policy supported Push task - status off for non reacheable computer instead of waiting
            Rookie

Thanks James for your answer.

It gave me some more information.

Then I made other test and now my delivery method is working good.

When the machine is powered off, then I get the Off status, this is normal.

When the PC is powered on, and the policy.invoker.exe runs, the task change is state to active.

This is depending on the random time we set in the agent.

Then for me now, all is working normally.

Have a nice day.