3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2009 3:12 AM by delhuskie

How are you using LANDesk products?

Rookie

How are you using LANDesk products? Which product in their stack do you find the most valuable?

• 1. Re: How are you using LANDesk products?
          zman Master

I try not to run with them while I'm using them. We have:

1. LDMS
          2. LDMGA
          3. Patch Managment

I think you will find that it depends on the needs of your company (e.g., Antivirus - we have Mcafee and LDAV does not support NAS boxes). We pretty much use the entire suite - Inv, Remote, Software Dist, Imaging, etc... The most valuable - that is tough since many products compliment each other.  I would say LDMS.

• 2. Re: How are you using LANDesk products?
            mrspike SSMMVPGroup

We use these daily:

Patch Manager

Software Dist.

We use frequently:

Managed Scripts

UDD

We do not use A/V and OS Deployment

We also use the Management Gateway

• 3. Re: How are you using LANDesk products?
              Apprentice

We use OS deployment , Scripts , Patch manager , Remote Desktop , Software deployment

If you invest the time in Landesk it can certainly give you the rewards

• backup address books or any local files on the PC's using scripts
              • using the managed planet right click extender you can add any program you like so you never have to leave the console
              • restoring PC's in remote sites using OS deployment

I have only scratched the surface with OS deployment , Patch managment etc. i havent even looked at hardware independant images

automatic patch managment deployment

The only comment i would make is that there are so mant aspects of this product to learn .. There is no landesk admin book

There is a lot of imformation on the this site and the web but it woul be nice to have a book covering all the aspects of the product from an admin point of view