2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2009 8:46 AM by aaviles

Any idea how to find computers using certain software only ??

Rookie

I have a request to create a report of computers that only use any version of MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, Lotus Notes and Symantec AntiVirus.  Can get a report of software usage for these software products ??  Thanks.

• 1. Re: Any idea how to find computers using certain software only ??
          egarlepp Employee

Create a query with each application and/or version that you want to filter for.  You will need to include an AND operator between each grouping of apps to be sure to find systems with each of them.  I have attached a pretty advanced query that looks for Office 2003/2007 and any version of SAP.  You can make changes as needed.  Be aware that there is a fair amount of regular expresssions within this query.  ;-)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
            <query>
              <name value="WWGIS_Office 2003&amp;2007_And_Running_SAP" />
              <where value="(&quot;Computer&quot;.&quot;Software&quot;.&quot;Application Suites&quot;.&quot;Application Suite&quot;.&quot;Name&quot;  Like  &quot;Microsoft Office Professional % 200[3|7]&quot;  OR  &quot;Computer&quot;.&quot;Software&quot;.&quot;Application Suites&quot;.&quot;Application Suite&quot;.&quot;Name&quot;  Like  &quot;Microsoft Office Ultimate% 2007&quot;  OR  &quot;Computer&quot;.&quot;Software&quot;.&quot;Application Suites&quot;.&quot;Application Suite&quot;.&quot;Name&quot;  Like  &quot;Microsoft Office Enterprise% 2007&quot;                        OR                        &quot;Computer&quot;.&quot;Software&quot;.&quot;Application Suites&quot;.&quot;Application Suite&quot;.&quot;Name&quot;  Like  &quot;Microsoft Office Standard % 200[3|7]&quot;                        OR                        &quot;Computer&quot;.&quot;Software&quot;.&quot;Application Suites&quot;.&quot;Application Suite&quot;.&quot;Name&quot;  Like  &quot;OFFICE2003%&quot;)                            AND                            (&quot;Computer&quot;.&quot;Software&quot;.&quot;Application Suites&quot;.&quot;Application Suite&quot;.&quot;Name&quot;  Like  &quot;SAP GUI [0-9].[0-9]%&quot;                            OR                            &quot;Computer&quot;.&quot;Software&quot;.&quot;Application Suites&quot;.&quot;Application Suite&quot;.&quot;Name&quot;  Like  &quot;SAPGUI [0-9].[0-9]%&quot;                            OR                            &quot;Computer&quot;.&quot;Software&quot;.&quot;Application Suites&quot;.&quot;Application Suite&quot;.&quot;Name&quot;  Like  &quot;SAPGUI classic [0-9].[0-9]%&quot;)" />
              <field value="&quot;Computer&quot;.&quot;Display Name&quot;" header="Device name" />
              <field value="&quot;Computer&quot;.&quot;Type&quot;" header="Type" />
              <field value="&quot;Computer&quot;.&quot;OS&quot;.&quot;Name&quot;" header="OS Name" />
              <field value="&quot;Computer&quot;.&quot;Software&quot;.&quot;Application Suites&quot;.&quot;Application Suite&quot;.&quot;Version&quot;" header="SAP Version" />
              <field value="&quot;Computer&quot;.&quot;Software&quot;.&quot;Application Suites&quot;.&quot;Application Suite&quot;.&quot;Name&quot;" header="SAP Name" />
              <field value="&quot;Computer&quot;.&quot;Custom Data&quot;.&quot;Microsoft&quot;.&quot;IE Version&quot;" header="IE Version" />
              <field value="&quot;Computer&quot;.&quot;Software&quot;.&quot;Application Suites&quot;.&quot;Application Suite&quot;.&quot;Name&quot;" header="Office Name" />
              <field value="&quot;Computer&quot;.&quot;Software&quot;.&quot;Application Suites&quot;.&quot;Application Suite&quot;.&quot;Version&quot;" header="Office Version" />
              <sort value="&quot;Computer&quot;.&quot;Display Name&quot;" />
              <qualifier value="" />
              <qualifier value="" />
              <qualifier value="" />
              <qualifier value="&quot;Computer&quot;.&quot;Software&quot;.&quot;Application Suites&quot;.&quot;Application Suite&quot;.&quot;Name&quot; like &quot;SAP%[G|U][U|I]% [0-9].%&quot;" />
              <qualifier value="&quot;Computer&quot;.&quot;Software&quot;.&quot;Application Suites&quot;.&quot;Application Suite&quot;.&quot;Name&quot; like &quot;SAP%[G|U][U|I]% [0-9].%&quot;" />
              <qualifier value="" />
              <qualifier value="&quot;Computer&quot;.&quot;Software&quot;.&quot;Application Suites&quot;.&quot;Application Suite&quot;.&quot;Name&quot; like &quot;Microsoft Office [U|E|P|S][n|l|r|t][t|o|a][i|e|f|n]% 200[3|7]&quot;" />
              <qualifier value="&quot;Computer&quot;.&quot;Software&quot;.&quot;Application Suites&quot;.&quot;Application Suite&quot;.&quot;Name&quot; like &quot;Microsoft Office [U|E|P|S][n|l|r|t][t|o|a][i|e|f|n]% 200[3|7]&quot;" />
            </query>
          </managementsuite>

• 2. Re: Any idea how to find computers using certain software only ??
            Rookie

Eric -

Thanks for the reply.  However, this helps me find computers with certain software.  I need to try to find computers that have certain software only and no other software installed.  For example, find any computers that have Microsoft Office installed but no other software.  I don't know if it's possible bit I thought I would ask.

Thanks again.

Andy A.