3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2009 3:35 AM by Lara Hellman

CrystalReports 11 in the 7.3 installation

dmshimself ITSMMVPGroup

I've noticed there is a crystal 11 run time support in the 7.3 ServiceDesk installer for 7.3.  Does anyone know what this is for/does it gtet installed automatically/should we be using it?  I've scanned the upgrade guide, like you do, and I cannot find any mention of this.

• 1. Re: CrystalReports 11 in the 7.3 installation
          Lara Hellman SupportEmployee

Hi Dave,

The Crystal XI Support installer has to be run separately.  Unfortunaely Business Objects have changed the way their installers work so it can't be integrated into the ServiceDesk combined installer anymore.  The purpose of installing the Crystal XI Support dlls is to enable Console to run reports created in Crystal XI that use Crystal XI-specific functionality - things like dynamic prompted lists.

I have been playing with this recently and have found that there are still some functions not supported, I'm working with Development right now to determine how to get all the functionality working properly.  In the mean-time, a 'Web Page' shortcut pointing at Crystal Enterprise should achieve much the same results.

Thanks,

Lara

• 2. Re: CrystalReports 11 in the 7.3 installation
            dmshimself ITSMMVPGroup

Thanks Lara - I think it would be useful if there was a pointer to wether one should install this in addition to Console popped into the upgrade guide?  It sounds like it's not essential for OOTB reports, but an indicator would be good.

I think SAP do provide merge modules for the run time of Crystal 11 but I agree you'd need to get development effort to include these in the installer.  Maybe ask them to take a look at http://support.businessobjects.com/fix/merge_modules.asp  Anyway good luck with the investigations.  Two questions :-

1. Do any of these issues affect OOTB reports at all?

2. Do you know if this 'pre-req' can be installed using onetouch?

• 3. Re: CrystalReports 11 in the 7.3 installation
              Lara Hellman SupportEmployee

Hi Dave,

thanks for the info, I'll pass it on though I believe they've already been round a few circles with this.  In answer to your questions:

1) No, OOTB reports are not affected - they are saved in Crystal 10 format so don't have any of the Crystal XI functionality.

2) This is not yet a pre-requisite.  We've not tested using the OneTouch bootstrapper for installing this but there's no reason why it wouldn't work.

I've logged an Incident for you and created a Problem (4322) for the fact the documentation needs updating.

Thanks,

Lara