1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 4, 2009 8:18 AM by DaveE

Software.Package.Path query ... drives me mad!

Apprentice

Hi everybody,

i'm trying to build a query, which lists all machines having application_X.exe with a version lower Y in path Z.

THIS query works great:

"Computer"."Software"."Package"."File Name"  =  "APP.EXE"                      

AND "Computer"."Software"."Package"."Version"  <  "6.2.1.808"

AND "Computer"."Software"."Package"."Path"  =  "C:\PROGRAM FILES\APP_VENDOR\APP_FOLDER\APP.EXE"

But we have machines with 14 different XP-Languages installed on our network so the package.path changes from language to language.

This query will find the file on english and german XP-machines:

AND ("Computer"."Software"."Package"."Path"  =  "C:\PROGRAMME\APP_VENDOR\APP_FOLDER\APP.EXE"

OR  "Computer"."Software"."Package"."Path"  =  "C:\PROGRAM FILES\APP_VENDOR\APP_FOLDER\APP.EXE")"

What i'm trying to do is something like this to keep the query simple and running on all XPs:

AND "Computer"."Software"."Package"."Path" =  "*\APP_VENDOR\APP_FOLDER\APP.EXE"

or

AND "Computer"."Software"."Package"."Path" Like  "*\APP_VENDOR\APP_FOLDER\APP.EXE"

or

AND "Computer"."Software"."Package"."Path" Like  "%\APP_VENDOR\APP_FOLDER\APP.EXE"

None of the above work.

Any idea?

I'm running LDMS8.8 SP2 on OracleDB

Thanks and have a nice weekend!

Dirk

• 1. Re: Software.Package.Path query ... drives me mad!
          SupportEmployee

Unfortunately, depending on the version you are running, you are going to run into a problem with this with the version field.  The Version field is a string, that means and 10.0 is less than 6.0.  As long as you are only dealing with applications that have one version number and then a period, you should be OK, but you will eventually run into that problem.