5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 18, 2009 2:22 AM by phoffmann

Download ThinApp

Apprentice

Hello community!

The question was raised a couple of days ago, but for me there was no satisfying outcome. My old link to download my ThinApp install file (yes, I've bought LANDesk App. Virt.) isn't working anymore and the old account information for the login takes me nowhere when I try to use it with the VMware web site. Also under my downloads in Self Serve Portal, ThinApp is not listed.

So, where can I download the current registered version (not trial version!) then?

Regards

Carsten

• 1. Re: Download ThinApp
          phoffmann SupportEmployee

Just to flag - I've seen this thread (sorry I missed the previous one), and will poke a few relevant people about it.

My apologies, I'm not really doing a lot with the ThinApp stuff, so don't know much off the bat.

- Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Download ThinApp
            Tracy Expert

Carsten,

The whole licensing scheme for App Virt has changed. In the past, you would log in to thinstall.com and download your companies custom built .exe that included your companies license information internally. Now that VMWare is running the show, they have moved to a serial number based install where everyone downloads the same .exe and uses a serial number during install to validate licensing.

Since I am no longer over App Virt, I am not 100% current on the information, but I do know the old "portal" for downloading your App Virt will not be back.

-Tracy

• 3. Re: Download ThinApp
              Apprentice

So, what I understand is:

I have to wait until Paul has done his "poking", which will eventually bring up a new article in the community whereand how LANDesk customers can nowadays download their licensed ThinApp?!

OK, I will wait for Paul (who will have all the fun ;-)

Kind regards

Carsten

• 4. Re: Download ThinApp
                Tracy Expert

Carsten,

I have sent an email to the person that handles the licensing. She should be able to hook you up with what you need.

-Tracy

• 5. Re: Download ThinApp
                  phoffmann SupportEmployee

To bring some closure to this.

If anyone else comes across this as being an issue, just open a case with LANDesk support, and we'll take it from there, in short.

This should be the most straight forward path and include some tracking.

- Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead