5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2009 2:36 PM by LANDave

AV not updating on off-network computers

Rookie

I have around 20 computers, off of our network, that will not update the virus definitions. It states that the "Update Failed". I have configured the agent installed to look to the internet only for updates. Any help or insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

Attached is the error report

• 1. Re: AV not updating on off-network computers
          LANDave SupportEmployee

I see no attachment.

From one of the computers, go to the "Run" line and type "Vulscan av"

From the directory window that comes up, please attach the avservice.log and the avservice_update.log

• 2. Re: AV not updating on off-network computers
            Rookie

I attached the file. Hopefully it will show up this time.

• 3. Re: AV not updating on off-network computers
              LANDave SupportEmployee

It looks me like the AV Behavior that the client is trying to use does not exist.

I would push a change settings task to the computer.

Here are the steps:

1. Open the Security and Patch Manager Tool in the LDMS console.

2. Select "Change settings" in the dropdown of the second icon

3. Check "Create a scheduled Task" and then next to "LANDesk Antivirus Settings" select the Antivirus setting that your clients that are working use.

4. Click OK.

5. This will open the Scheduled Task window and show a task called "Change settings".

6. Drag the affected computers into this task and start it.

Let me know the results.

• 4. Re: AV not updating on off-network computers
                Rookie

The computers are on an outside network and the devices are not in the management suite. The antivirus is the only thing that needs to be running but I cannot reach or push anything out to those computers.

• 5. Re: AV not updating on off-network computers
                  LANDave SupportEmployee

What version of LANDesk are you on?

I believe your issue may be due to a current known problem that is in Development for a fix right now.   The fix has been created, but it has not been built into an official patch yet.  It will likely be built very soon.

I would suggest calling support, having them create a support ticket, and have yourself added to the list of customers with this issue.

When the patch is created, it will be posted here in the Antivirus section of the community.

A workaround may be to copy the AVBehavior_6.xml from the \Program Files\LANDesk\ManagementSuite\LDLogon\AgentBehaviors folder to the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\LANDeskAV folder on your client.

Here are the details of the issue in development.

CR28063

Details: When you install the agent with a self contained executable it doesn't bring down the agentbehavior xml to the Documents and settings\all users\application data\vulscan folder. This causes some Antivirus settings not to take effect until Vulscan runs and downloads the AVBehavior XML file from the core server.

When the core server is not available, this can cause Antivirus not to start correctly.