4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2010 9:35 PM by shashi

Checking "Repeat" option for a task, greys "schedule these devices"

Apprentice

Hi All,  on about 3 different Release Core Servers (8.7+SP3; 8.7+SP6;8.8+SP3) i found atipical behavior:

I create several task with different packages and different methods and when i check the option "Repeat Every" (day,hour) the last option "Schedule these device" is always greyed out on the "ALL" selection. So it's impossible to schedule a task repeatedly  on failed targets only, it could also be dangerous on some cases..

Is It a Bug? I remember it was resolved on SP for 8.5 and that it worked finally till 8.7 SP2 so what's happened....sometimes they return?

I will open a case on support after some other tests

Thanx for comments Bye

• 1. Re: Checking "Repeat" option for a task, greys "schedule these devices"
          Jason SupportEmployee

Roberto,

No that is working by design, the Repeat option is set to repeat all devices at the time specified. Most of the time with a repeat every (x) in scheduled task you want all machines in that task to rerun. If you are simply trying to make sure all failed devices eventually succed with out administrator intervention, i.e. restarting the task daily, your best option is going to be a policy support push, a PSP will push the job out to all devices once all machines have reported a status back either success or failure the failed devices will be turned into a policy and then will run on the failed clients when that client checks back into the core.

Jason

• 2. Re: Checking "Repeat" option for a task, greys "schedule these devices"
            Apprentice

Thanx Jason, I know it just now, in the past it seemed to me that was enabled..ops. anyway technical support tell me it's already under developing in a ER:CR00019908.

Waiting for it.

• 3. Re: Checking "Repeat" option for a task, greys "schedule these devices"
              Rookie

Hi All,

Is this issue resolved? I am still observing this issue on my 9.0 core server. Whenever I check the option "Repeat every:" for a task, the "Schedule these devices" tab is getting disabled automatically.

My aim is to schedule a task to an LDAP query/ LDAP group, the task should be run on all reachable machines, it should be run on all offline machines when they come online, the task SHOULD NOT run on success machines. And the task should be scheduled to run on all new devices which meet the LDAP query or part of the LDAP group (the machines which are added after running the task for the first time).

Please help me on this.

Thnaks,
              Cheatn

• 4. Re: Checking "Repeat" option for a task, greys "schedule these devices"
                Rookie

Hi All,

We have the same issue. We are using couple of tasks to run once only new machines based on the LDAP query. But whenever task repeated any add the new devices in target list using query, it run on all machines. Please help uregntly.

Regards

Shashi