3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2009 9:35 AM by mrspike

Scan for a specific path\file

I'd like to somehow figure out what PCs on my network have the file path c:\program files\pcpc\pcpc.ini

This way I could deploy an updated pcpc.ini file to them.

What is the best way of going about doing this?

• 1. Re: Scan for a specific path\file

could you not add the ini extension temporarily in to ldappl3.template, then pick out the computers with the correct file through SLM? You would want to remove the ini extension from the template when your job is finished.

• 2. Re: Scan for a specific path\file
            mrspike SSMMVPGroup

A Custom Definition would be the route I would go, you can even have it do the file replacement for you.  I will see if I have a simple one handy that you can look at for an example, and if so I will add it.

If you have any questions, holler back

• 3. Re: Scan for a specific path\file
              mrspike SSMMVPGroup

Here is an example of one that I created a while back that looked for a buggy (no really ) LANDesk file and if found, it could be replaced.

You can import this and and look how I did it, yours would be similar, though you would need to add / change / remove affected platforms, products, etc.

In the "Patch Install Commands" you most likely would not need the "stop / start" a service like I have, just the copy a file.

Let me know if you need any more help.

(You will see that I removed my sites specific mappings.)