I GET AN ISSUE THAT MANY COMPUTERS ARE VERY SLOW AND THEN WHEN I CHECK

IN THE TASK MANAGER I FOUND IN THE PROCESSES THAT MANY RUNDLL32

THATS MAKE THESE COMPUTERS VERY SLOWLY . IM LOOKING TO GET SOLUTION

FOR THESE ISSUE

THANKS

• 1. Re: RUNDLL32.EXE
          phoffmann SupportEmployee

Dear Nalf,

# 1 - Please use the caps-key to turn of the use of all-uppercase letters. Using "all caps" is a sure-fire way to get your posts ignored, as it conveys the fact that you're shouting, and people who are usually frothing at the mouth don't do themselves a lot of favours in regards to succeeding to have people help them.

After all, when was the last time you enjoyed helping someone who was barking at you, as it were? This is general online-forum stuff which you may or may not be aware of, so please bear that in mind.

It'll be appreciated.

# 2 - It would be of great help if you'd actually state whether you use LANDesk AntiVirus or "just" the spyware check, or what.

# 3 - It would - equally - help to state what version of LANDesk you use (at the very least), and what patch level you're on. If you don't know how to determine this information, please let us know and we'll tell you.

# 4 - At the moment, your problem description amounts to the equivalent of "My car is broken - pleaes fix it" - that isn't really possible per se with the limited information at the moment.

Do a bit of research (assuming you use an AV that's not ours) - http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/process/rundll32.exe.html - for instance indicates that it's a popular target for spyware (so if you don't have a spyware scanner - download spybot (my personal preference), and/or AdAware or whatnot, and see if they get something.

This is simply "generic" advice at the moment, since you've not mentioned anything about what AV you use / whether you have AV, and/or SpyWare stuff.

Thank you.

- Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead

• 2. Re: RUNDLL32.EXE
            LANDave SupportEmployee

Wow.

Let's rephrase my colleagues prior post, in a bit more mild of a manner.

Naif,

1. What LANDesk products do you use?   Please give specific products and product versions.

What components of the product are installed on the client?   Do you use LANDesk Antispyware, do you use LANDesk Antivirus?

In order to find out what patches are installed on your core server, in the Management Suite console, click Help --> About --> More Info.  

This information is also contained in the Registry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LANDesk\ManagementSuite\Setup\Version\Patches.  Youc an export this by opening the registry, navigating to that key, and selecting "Export".   You can then rename it to .TXT and attach it to your reply.

In order to find out what version of Antivirus you are using (if you are using it), double-click the Yellow Shield icon in your System Tray, and then look for "Scan Engine".

This number will be 5.0.x.x.   Let us know that number.

2. Please give a detailed description of the problem(s) you are experiencing.   We value your business and want to help you in the best manner possible.   Clear information will help us to assist you with your issue effectively.

• 3. Re: RUNDLL32.EXE
              CraigMiddelstadt Master

Paul,

Singling out a user on the forum for using upper case is not called for.  Please keep your posts friendly and professional.

• 4. Re: RUNDLL32.EXE
                Rookie

First of all i would like to say to paul , I felt that i lost my time when

i red your post , and keep your a dvice for you i will not get any advice

from impolite person "keep your advice for you "

Thanks Mr David and Mr craig

my product is LANDesk 8.8 sp 3

and i didnt install AS i had just install LANDesk AV

my issue that the computers in my network need

frequent reboot and give me in that message the

name of that file (RUNDLL32.exe) and when i tried

to scan the computer the LANDesk AV detected

the RUNDLL.EXE but not deleted .

any help

• 5. Re: RUNDLL32.EXE
                  LANDave SupportEmployee

Can you attach a screenshot of the error?  Also, if you could, please attach the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\LANDeskAV\AVService_channel.log?