6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2010 2:55 PM by rmoffitt

Intel Vpro and LANDesk

Rookie

Hello All,

Am sure most of us have seen the video's online about Intel Vpro beast and also how LANDesk can tame that beast, however I am struggling to get the Vpro configured in the first place and then have LANDesk utilise full vpro functionality

There are not many help docs and if any they are mile long, Is there anywhere it say How one could configure vpro on a system.

L/T hardware - HP Elitebook 2530p ( with Vpro)

LANDesk core- 8.8 SP3

What I have done so far - Installed the amt driver on laptop and enabled the amt in the BIOS assigned a password.

Am i right in assuming that the LANDesk core would be provisioning server

This is my test LANDesk and test network has all the ports open.

While following the documentation- there are 6 ports which had to be open and on client when i was configuring the settings it as for providioning server which i typed as my test server and also the port and I could only type one port so chose - 16992

I installed agent on the client manually and then when i right click in the console it gives all the vpro options but none of them works.

I am sure there must be loads of things I need to do to get it to the point as shown in landesk.JPG

However I dont have any clue what and how as there is not much help there which talks straight to the point.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

• 1. Re: Intel Vpro and LANDesk
          Rookie

Hi there!

I manage the documentation materials over on the Intel vPro Expert Center, so I can help you. :-) Here are some key docs to get you started:

If your deployment requires certificates, then there are a couple of docs for you to check out:

Let me know how it goes!

Michele Gartner

Intel vPro Expert Center

Community Operations Manager

E-mail: [email protected]

Twitter: @smartchickpdx

• 2. Re: Intel Vpro and LANDesk
            Rookie

Hi Michele,

I am following this document to setup a Go Daddy Certificate for our Landesk 9 server. I have created the certificate and now at the purchase stage with Go Daddy. My issues is that Go Daddy are not doing Delux certicates any more. I thought the Premium would be ok but you can only purchase these if you are in the US, which I am not. Do you know if the standard SSL would work now or not? or my only other solution is to go with Verisign who is expensive to ensure this will work with Intel and Lenovo devices.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael

• 3. Re: Intel Vpro and LANDesk
              Rookie

I have an email exchange going with one of our Solution Architects about this right now. It sounds like you can still purchase the Deluxe cert if you call Go Daddy directly - but that it definitely isn't available on their web site. I will let you know when I find out more!

Michele Gartner

Community Manager

Intel vPro Expert Center

• 4. Re: Intel Vpro and LANDesk
                Rookie

Hi Michele,

I have just had a response from Go Daddy support as below. I am working through providing the details to hopefully get a Delux Certificate. I will post again on how I go. Thanks for your assistance.

Thanks for contacting Online Support. Unfortunately, Deluxe SSL Certificates are no longer offered through the front of our website. At this time, we do have the ability to purchase one on your behalf. If you would like us to do so, please respond with the following information:

1) the exact items you are trying to purchase,
                2) the length of time (years),
                3) the total price of the order,
                4) the last four digits of the payment method you want to use that's already on file in your account,
                5) permission for us to purchase the items,
                6) confirm that you have read and agree to the terms of our 'Universal Terms of Service,' and
                7) the 4-digits Call-in PIN for account validation.

Michael

• 5. Re: Intel Vpro and LANDesk
                  Apprentice

Thanks for the information. We had the same problems and needed to contact them by phone. And Europe & USA the different time zone's are really ignoring to quick buy stuff... Now we can fill the 7 questions and then call back

• 6. Re: Intel Vpro and LANDesk
                    Expert

Go Daddy Deluxe cert is no longer sold on the web site you have contact Go Daddy for this certificate.