3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2009 5:55 AM by phoffmann

Office 2003 Admin Setup bring up error message while creating hash

Rookie

Hi,

i've created a Admin-Setup for Office 2003 (setup /a) and integrated the SP3 to it. Then i made a MSI-Package in the LANDesk Management Suite, create a Task and try to deploy this package.

But when i start the distribution i get the following error in the ScheduledTaskHandel_###.log:

22.10.2009 13:47:28 : ERROR: failed to get the hash for http://LANDESK-SERVER/DIR/Microsoft/Office/2003_PRO_DE_ADMIN/FILES/PFILES/MSOFFICE/OFFICE11/ACCWEB/SERVWRAP.ASP
      22.10.2009 13:47:28 : Exception in initializing global scheduler client : LANDesk.ManagementSuite.SoftwareDistribution.Business.HashFailedForFileException: Failed to get the hash for http://LANDESK-SERCER/DIR/Microsoft/Office/2003_PRO_DE_ADMIN/FILES/PFILES/MSOFFICE/OFFICE11/ACCWEB/SERVWRAP.ASP : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
         at System.Security.Cryptography.HashAlgorithm.ComputeHash(Stream inputStream)
         at LANDesk.ManagementSuite.SoftwareDistribution.Business.Hasherizer.Hasherize(String fullPath, Boolean bRedirect)
         --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
         at LANDesk.ManagementSuite.SoftwareDistribution.Business.Hasherizer.Hasherize(String fullPath, Boolean bRedirect)
         at LANDesk.ManagementSuite.SoftwareDistribution.Business.Hasherizer.Hasherize(String fullPath)
         at LANDesk.ManagementSuite.SoftwareDistribution.Business.Package.HashAdditionalFile(IHasherizer hasherizer, PackageFilesHashData packageFile)
         at LANDesk.ManagementSuite.SoftwareDistribution.Business.Package.HashPackageFiles(IHasherizer hasherizer)
         at LANDesk.ManagementSuite.SoftwareDistribution.Business.Package.Hash(IHasherizer hasherizer)
         at LANDesk.ManagementSuite.SoftwareDistribution.TaskHandler.SoftwareDistributionTaskHandler.HashPackages(ITargetMachine[] machines)
         at LANDesk.ManagementSuite.SoftwareDistribution.TaskHandler.SoftwareDistributionTaskHandler.ProcessMachines(IGSProxy proxy, ITaskProcessor processor, String connectionString, Int32 taskId, ITargetMachine[] machines, String content)
      22.10.2009 13:47:28 :          861 : The task (861) has been aborted.

Does anyone have an idea what i can do to get it work?

I checked the IIS configuration, but it seems to be correct. Also i reset the package hash, but it doesn't help.

• 1. Re: Office 2003 Admin Setup bring up error message while creating hash
          Rookie

OK, i found a solution for this problem right after i created this thread.

It failed to create the hash for .ASP-Files, this thread shows what's the reason and how you can fix it:

http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-2788

Solution:

Go to your IIS Manager and do this:

1. Right-click on the newly created virtual directory or an existing virtual directory and choose Properties.

2. Under the Virtual Directory tab, under the Application settings section, click the Create button to create the web application.

3. Click the Configuration button.

4. Under the Mappings tab, delete all the extensions under Application extensions except of one.

Warning: If every single item is removed it seems IIS adds them all back in.  So it looks like you have to have at least one extension in the list or all extensions are added again.  Create a bogus extension such as .BogusExtension and leave it in there.

5. Click OK to exit the configuration. 

6. Click OK again to exit the properties of the virtual directory.

• 2. Re: Office 2003 Admin Setup bring up error message while creating hash
            phoffmann SupportEmployee

So the #1 issue in this is usually IIS configuration. Is this the same server as the Core? Normally the Core should have the ".*" (dot star - i.e. "any extension") MIME type added to it.

At any rate, you want to make sure that the MIME types are set correctly (you want a MIME-type for .* -- since IIS has otherwise notorious problems with Office-packages).

You can also check the IIS-logs on the affected server, see what kind of error you run into. Anything with 4xx (i.e. 404 and so on) is going to be NTFS-permissions most likely.

Running FILEMON (Sys Internals Tool) on the share will help you figure out which account is in need of rights / failing the access of that file).

- Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead

• 3. Re: Office 2003 Admin Setup bring up error message while creating hash
              phoffmann SupportEmployee

Ah - glad to see you've already found the solution to your problem. Proves that community does work as a search-tool (always reassuring) .

(Hadn't refreshed your stuff between my going on lunch & coming back, so I've not seen this 'til I'd posted my stuff - apologies ).

- Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead