4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 15, 2009 11:37 PM by Raghavendra_Mudugal

    Querying users on Licence type

    Apprentice

      Hy;

       

      I just changed the two users from Analyst to End User in the TP where they do not need the console login anymore, so we can save the licences.

       

      the above task is done. (no problem)

       

      My concern:

       

      from the licence type table where we have 2 values (dbo.tps_user_licence_type)

       

      End User

      Analyst

       

      If I query the tps_user table putting the where condition as tps_licence_user_guid = <the id of the analyst licence type>, the output returns the result including the above two user which I have moved to the "End User". The column is not updated with the "End User" licence type GUID.

       

      I just wanted to know more on this part especially why it is not updating.

       

       

      Even I have seen this link...http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-2973 which tell more about licence info, but it did not help me much in understanding from the above scenario I am facing with.

       

       

      Thank You

       

      /r ww /n RMudugal.

        • 1. Re: Querying users on Licence type
          Lara Hellman SupportEmployee

          Hi Raghavendra,

           

          This is a known problem in version 7.2.6 that is fixed in 7.3.  The script on this postRunning Bulk Action on User query can change User licence types will fix the issue for you.

           

          Thanks,

           

          Lara

          • 2. Re: Querying users on Licence type
            Apprentice

            Hello Lara!

             

            Thanks for the help!

             

            At the moment, I have lots of question to shoot up, besides all, and the good news is- I need to ask only one for now.

             

            I have One analyst entry, he account is active and works everyday on TP for resolving incidents.

             

            BUT;

             

            When I query his account in the tps_user table, the field tps_deleted has the value 1 (where is suppose to be 0, I presume)

             

            -and in the document link I posted in the root post, has a query that shows the licence count, where for the Analyst it is showing 1 number less on the sum, cause in the query it says where tps_deleted = 0; so that analyst is skiped. I modified the query to where tps_deleted in ('0', '1'); the final count matches perfect.

             

            Well;

             

            I really have no idea what to say further. But how the TP is handling this a/c when it is marked as 1?

             

            Please let me know.

             

            /r ww /n RMudugal

            • 3. Re: Querying users on Licence type
              Lara Hellman SupportEmployee

              Hi Raghavendra,

               

              I've no idea what's going on here, I'd need to see your database.  I recommend you log an Incident with your Support provider to look in to this further.

               

              Thanks,

               

              Lara

              • 4. Re: Querying users on Licence type
                Apprentice

                Hello Lara!

                 

                Actually we figured it out on the tps_deleted = 1 setting to one.

                 

                Initially (a year ago), a user could have couple of Active Directory IDs, and each of the ID had different privilliges to access the servers depending up on the login setting. Now that the whole Network settings and lots of stuff have changed here. When the ID is longer in use, the company has the policy for not deleting the ID, but just disable the account.

                 

                So for that analyst, he has two ID, and one is blocked and another is active, and for each ID, the login ID is different, I was querying the on the wrong ID and that is why I got messed up in the count.

                 

                Now from past couple of days... we under the process of identifying such IDs and making list of existence of the user and his/her usability. So this is completed, we have update the tps_user table and their respective field/s to have the proper data in it.

                 

                I really apologize for not posting the valid previous comment/question before.

                 

                /r ww /n RMudugal.