3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 3, 2009 12:49 PM by Spartan

Help - Error in New Dist Package

Rookie

Hello there,

Been working at this one for a couple days. Not a lot on the net or in the forums so I'm hoping someone else has run across this...

I am creating a new MSI Distribution package using the 8.8 LANDesk Mgmt Suite console. We have a vendor created MSI package with some additional folders that need to be copied down for the install. In the package, in the Additional Files section, I browse to the package folders using HTTP. I select both folders and the MSI. One of the folders consistently throws a "The Remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found" when I try to add it to the right hand side. Once it throws the error, None of the files appear on the other side. the other folder and MSI go over without issue. I have checked security settings, Anonymous user, and directory services permissions. All appear to be OK. I did find the following Event log on the LANDesk server. It correlates to a deployment I was trying, but not sure if it is because of that.  Any help or thoughts would be most helpful. Thanks.  -Adam

Event code: 3005
      Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred.
      Event time: 11/3/2009 10:07:40 AM
      Event time (UTC): 11/3/2009 5:07:40 PM
      Event ID: 90a9478946874f96ab4e2b40d459480d
      Event sequence: 3
      Event occurrence: 1
      Event detail code: 0

Application information:
          Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/1/Root/fileserver-1-129017416585306667
          Trust level: Full
          Application Virtual Path: /fileserver
          Application Path: \\server\landesk\
          Machine name: XXXXXX

Process information:
          Process ID: 8616
          Process name: w3wp.exe
          Account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

Exception information:
          Exception type: HttpException
          Exception message: Path '/fileserver/Applications/TRIM/Program Files/TRIM Context/SDK/Samples/DotNet/SampleRecordAddIn/SampleRecordAddIn.csproj' is forbidden.

Request information:
          Request URL: http://server/fileserver/Applications/TRIM/Program Files/TRIM Context/SDK/Samples/DotNet/SampleRecordAddIn/SampleRecordAddIn.csproj
          Request path: /fileserver/Applications/TRIM/Program Files/TRIM Context/SDK/Samples/DotNet/SampleRecordAddIn/SampleRecordAddIn.csproj
          User host address: x.x.x.x
          User: 
          Is authenticated: False
          Authentication Type: 
          Thread account name: XXX\landesk

Thread information:
          Thread ID: 1
          Thread account name: XXX\landesk
          Is impersonating: True
          Stack trace:    at System.Web.HttpForbiddenHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
         at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
         at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

• 1. Re: Help - Error in New Dist Package
          Spartan Apprentice

Good Day,

Did you double check to see if it was accessible to a non authenticated machine (E.G. log into a local account on a machine and try to access the file(s))?

I believe by default IIS wont serve to guest users.

Did you add the following to your MIME types on your web server?

Extension:    .*

MIME type:  application/octet-stream

The file extension is not really "web friendly" and IIS might be messing it up.

This is just off the top of my head my apologies this does not apply.

• 2. Re: Help - Error in New Dist Package
            Rookie

Thank you for the quick response.

I have verified the MIME types are correct and configured properly in IIS. I also went to my client, logged in with a non-domain user and was able to browse to the share path via IE.

If I use a script such as robocopy I can pull down all the necessary files without issue.

I am quite confused on this one. Seems like it should be straight forward.

Thanks,

-Adam

• 3. Re: Help - Error in New Dist Package
              Spartan Apprentice

Right you are, =o/

Just to cover all the basics...

- The web share has Read and Directory browsing enabled.

- Security settings for the IIS anon user allow for read and execute.

- anon access is granted in IIS

- Mime types are set

This might be silly but you could use robocopy to get the files for you (as part of your batch file)  but this would be more of a band-aid.

Sorry I'm not sure what else to suggest, perhaps a user that is wiser then I will be able to make sense of this.

Good Luck!