I have been working on this issue for about a week now. I have installed an LANDesk agent on a client machine.
- Stopped all Firewalls, A/V, and Anti Malware applications.
- Made sure all services related to LANDesk as well as remote registry services were running.
- Forcing a scan by adding /F /SYNC to the target line.
- Entries to the host files have been made.
- I can ping the server by name and IP Address
The inventory scanner still doesn't run because it can't communicate with the Core server. However, the security scan still works and is able to complete without a problem. The client machine is running Windows XP with SP3.
Can anyone suggest anything that I can try, I have a few client machines that are experiencing the same issue.