2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2009 3:56 AM by Karthikeyan.Baskaran

Need information about the Product table

Rookie

Hi,

I have tried to generate the report with the software title and install count of the software. I have used the Product, ProductFile, FileInfo and FileInfoInstance tables. I have received the expected report when I use these tables.

But I have the results are wrong for some software titles. After that I did an analysis on the records which I felt wrong.

Example:

I have taken the “Microsoft Office Communicator 2005” and check it in the product table. The product table is having the 3 records for the “Microsoft Office Communicator 2005” with the different Product_Idn.

select p.Product_Idn,p.title ,p.Publisher

from Product p

where title ='Microsoft Office Communicator 2005'

Product_Idn       title                               Publisher

82                Microsoft Office Communicator 2005  Microsoft Corporation

39735             Microsoft Office Communicator 2005  Microsoft Corporation

27545             Microsoft Office Communicator 2005  Microsoft Corporation

I am getting the wrong result because of title duplication in the product table.

My Questions:

1. Why is there duplication for the same software?
      2. Could you explain me “How do the LANDesk populate the product table?”
      3. Is there any website link to get all the table population logic?

Regards,

Karthi

• 1. Re: Need information about the Product table
          Apprentice

Moin,

thats why LANDesk detect different Products on your computers.

The products table is in releation with ProductFile on Product_idn

ProductFile is in releation with Fileinfo on Filinfo_idn.

Landesk dicovered 3 different executable files for the Microsoft Office Communicator 2005  Microsoft Corporation

^^ could be due to different patch levels

If you like to harmonise it, you should look for software "Manage Planet Database Doctor"

Best regards,

Butti

• 2. Re: Need information about the Product table
            Rookie

Thanks Butti for your reply!

I have analyzed the records in the ProductFile and Fileinfo table.

[ Butti Comments ] : Landesk dicovered 3 different executable files for the Microsoft Office Communicator 2005        

Are mention about the 3 different executable files of communicator.exe ? I have taken the distinct versions of the executable file from the Fileinfo table. I am getting below 5 different versions.

• 1.0.559.0 {RTC Version 4.3.5371.0} built by: lccmain
            • 1.0.559.121 {RTC Version 4.3.5371.0} built by: lcs_se_istanbul
            • 1.0.559.218 {RTC Version 4.3.5371.0} built by: lcs_se_istanbul_qfe{rtbldlab}
            • 1.0.559.224 {RTC Version 4.3.5371.0} built by: lcs_se_istanbul_qfe{rtbldlab}
            • 1.0.559.226 {RTC Version 4.3.5371.0} built by: lcs_se_istanbul_qfe{rtbldlab}

Based on your comments, the product table should have 5 different Product_Idn for the same product 'Microsoft Office Communicator 2005'.

Is there any document to get a idea about the data population in the all the LANDesk table.