1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 24, 2009 7:29 AM by Butti

Fatal Error During Installation - Acrobat Standard 9.0

Apprentice

Good Morning all:

I have been trying to put together a package for Adobe Acrobat Standard 9.  I have created a .mst file that mainly stops the auto update, does not install Air, and enters username and Company.  This is a OEM install, so I need to be able to enter the Serial Number during the install.

When trying to run the package on a test PC, I keep getting a Fatal Error.  looks like the error that I am getting is 1603.  That tells me that it is a "basic" error.  I have posted both the Log File that I get from the console, and also the log file that I get from the client.  Any help would be greatly appricated. Thanks!

• 1. Re: Fatal Error During Installation - Acrobat Standard 9.0
          Apprentice

Action start 6:44:30: CA_QV.
          MSI (s) (B4:2C) [06:44:30:079]: Product: Adobe Acrobat  9 Standard - English, Français, Deutsch --  error.

^^  custom action CA_QV doesn't work propper

the solution for version 6 was:

In order to set up Acrobat 6 Professional for GPO deployment you must do the following.

Copy the contents of the CD were the setup.exe and the MSI reside to a location were you can edit the MSI. You may have to remove the read only attribute

Edit the MSI with a setup editor as follows.

Delete Custom Actions

CA_QV
          UnSupportedInstallType

Create a script that will install new string values in the following registry keys at the end of the installation using custom a custom action.

Key=SOFTWARE\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\6.0\Registration
          Value Name=SERIAL
          Value=

Key=SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Distiller\6.0\Registration
          Value Name=SERIAL
          Value=

Get the values after a successful manual installation of Acrobat using the correct Serial number.

I also remove the dialogs I don’t know if that is necessary or not.

The system that you are to deploy the MSI to must have Windows Installer 2.0 or higher installed

^^ please try to adopt this solution for version 9

By Butti