I'm trying to get some clarification as to what this check box actually does (or is supposed to do)...
- What is the difference between checking this box vs. re-starting a task and selecting "all devices" under the Schedule these devices: drop down menu?
- When this checkbox is checked, it seems that even after a PC has successfully received the task, it tries to re-run it when the PC remains in the "Successful" group. Seems to keep re-starting the task after 8 days. Is this by design?
- If a scheduled task was originally started with this box checked and the PC is not part of the task anymore, will it try to re-run it?
- If a PC successfully gets a policy deployment and later (let's say 3 weeks) I want to re-install the software on that PC. When I re-add the PC to the policy task, will it re-install the software if this checkbox is not checked? If not, how can I keep the ability of re-installing the software when the PC gets re-added to the task but also prevent them from getting re-install automatically?
- If a PC failed a policy task (either it was unable to download and hash files, the installation returned a non 0 error code, will the PC try to re-run the task after X number of hours/days? Does checking this checkbox change this behavior at all?
Push deliveries are not an option due to the high number of laptops users disconnected from the network. Most of our PCs get their installations via the LANDesk Management Gateway.
Thanks in advance.