3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2009 9:30 AM by mrspike

8.8 Tasks will not run

Rookie

Any task that I schedule in 8.8 will not start.  For example I have advanced agent and default windows config task that I want to run on clients.  I can add the machines to the task and hit "start now" but they just sit in pending and will not start.  Any help that you can provide would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

• 1. Re: 8.8 Tasks will not run
          mrspike SSMMVPGroup

Check the LANDesk Scheduler Service on the core, even if it states it is running, restart it.

• 2. Re: 8.8 Tasks will not run
            Rookie

That of course should have been the first thing I checked... and it is off.  I try to start it and it says "the service did not start due to a login failure"  I can get into the core server fine and everything else seems to be working.  Any other ideas are welcome!  Thanks!

• 3. Re: 8.8 Tasks will not run
              mrspike SSMMVPGroup

On the core go to the Console and "Configure > Services" (This can be done via the Start > LANDesk > Configure Services menu as well)

Click on Scheduler

What is the user name?  If it is other than "localsystem" then most likely the user account associated with it has a new or expired password.

If not localsystem click on "change login", set the new password.

Let me know what you find