4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 24, 2009 9:15 AM by Golddiggie

Uninstall Agent on a Mac?

Apprentice

Can someone point me to the script to uninstall the agent on a Mac?  I find plenty of references that the script is now only on the core and not on the client, but can't seem to figure out where it is on the core.

Thanks!

Murf    

• 1. Re: Uninstall Agent on a Mac?
          Jason SupportEmployee

Steve,

1. Copy the file "ldmacclientuninstall.sh" from the \ldmain share on the core server to the local Macintosh machine.
          2. Open a terminal window and change to the directory that ldmacclientuninstall.sh is located.
          3. Change the execute settings on the file ldmacclientuninstall.sh using the command "chmod +x ldmaccclientuninstall.sh".
          4. Execute the file by running "./ldmacclientuninstall.sh".

• 2. Re: Uninstall Agent on a Mac?
            Apprentice

Thank You!

• 3. Re: Uninstall Agent on a Mac?
              Apprentice

Don't forget to precede the command with "sudo" if not logged in as root.

• 4. Re: Uninstall Agent on a Mac?
                Apprentice

Under LDMS9 the script is called "uninstallmacagent.sh", same location on the core server.

You don't need to use the root user account, just an admin, to run the script. The rest of the commands work on this file (the chmod +x) and it will remove the agent and settings when run.

Successfully performed this on 10.6.2 just moments ago. Now I'm waiting for the update to LDMS9 to bring support for 10.6.x to the table. I also hope that they include an AV agent with this.