2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 23, 2009 11:35 AM by jpreece

Show UI of Batch File in LDMS8.8

Apprentice

Even if you want to show the User Interface of a batch file during distribution, you cannot do this.  Batch files hide the user interface automatically.  I have a distribution where I need to show the UI of the batch file.  What is the best way to do this?  I tried changing the delivery method to show the full interface, and I also tried lauching the batch file from another batch file, but that did not work.

• 1. Re: Show UI of Batch File in LDMS8.8
          zman Master

So any time you present a user with a UI it will pose some issues with software distribution. The job will wait until there is some user intervention (human initiated or some form of time out). I'm assuming the UI is some form of choice, but could be wrong.  Just some thoughts,

So there may be a more glamorous way to do this but, I would just call the batch file with Autoit or Vbscript.  This way the package type will not not supress any UI. If you do it this way you can put advanced timers on the batch file. However, if you were going to do that I would just rewrite it in Autoit

Autoit

RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & "yourbatchfile.cmd")

VB

dim shell
          set shell=createobject("wscript.shell")
          shell.run "yourbatchfile.cmd", 1, true
          set shell=nothing

• 2. Re: Show UI of Batch File in LDMS8.8
            Apprentice

Yes,  I am trying to present a choice to the user that they have to input before the install can continue.  So with AutoIT, I can put a timeout function in?

Thanks Zman.