11 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2010 4:37 AM by cbraz

HTGET: unable to find file h:\IMAGE.EXE,.  Error 2

Apprentice

Hi all

OSD Deployment has been working flawlessly for months at all sites until today.  For some bizarre reason, the process halts at "waiting for command" (logfile attached).  I added REMEXEC999=command.com to the appropriate line in the INI script file just before the error occurs so that it breaks out to a command prompt:-

<machine>.INI

REMEXEC28=r:\net\htget -o r:\dos\prtition.exe http://%CUSTJOBHOSTIP%/landesk/files/prtition.exe, STATUS
      REMEXEC999=command.com
      REMEXEC29=r:\net\htget -a h:\IMAGE.EXE, STATUS FACILITY=7

When the script executes, all lines previous to REMEXEC999=command.com appear to process successfully without any on-screen errors.  I then manually entered the next line "r:\net\htget -a h:\IMAGE.EXE, STATUS FACILITY=7" (without quotes) and I got "HTGET: unable to find file h:\IMAGE.EXE,.  Error 2".  Strange, because I've checked h:\IMAGE.EXE does exist.  I even replaced it with a known working copy but still no joy.

Any ideas please?

Thanks
      Scott

LDMS 8.8 SP3

• 1. Re: HTGET: unable to find file h:\IMAGE.EXE,.  Error 2
          Jared Barneck SupportEmployee

You failed at the prtition wipe command:

"HP6930PLDS","ERR_Fail",-1,0:00:02,07/01/2010 15:17:45,07/01/2010 15:17:47,"prtition wipe, STATUS"

Obviously you have already stated why you are still using DOS based imaging...it has been working for years.

So something changed...it is just a question of what.

I wonder if prtition.exe was really downloaded. While the log says it was downloaded, was it really?

"HP6930PLDS","OK",0,0:00:02,07/01/2010 15:17:40,07/01/2010 15:17:42,"r:\net\htget -o r:\dos\prtition.exe http://10.201.3.126/landesk/files/prtition.exe, STATUS"

Since you have already opened a command prompt, why don't you check if r:\dos\prtition.exe really exists.

I once had a customer (oh about 3 years ago) with the same issue and the prtition.exe wasn't really downloading.  We added a second line to attempt to download that file and everything seemed to work the second time.

• 2. Re: HTGET: unable to find file h:\IMAGE.EXE,.  Error 2
            Apprentice

Rhyous, I believe you're right.  From memory, the prtition.exe was missing from R:\DOS so this may explain this problem.  I assume I just add another HTGET line:-

htget -o r:\dos\prtition.exe http://10.201.3.126/landesk/files/prtition.exe, STATUS"

Is this correct?  If so, do you know why this is happening all of a sudden please?

Cheers

Scott

• 3. Re: HTGET: unable to find file h:\IMAGE.EXE,.  Error 2

I am not sure.  I think it may have been web server side (so something on the Core). I remember spending hours trying to figure this out and never could.  That is why I somewhat remember the case.

Yes, you just add another line. Copy and paste the current line and change the number to something like REMEXEC901 (the numbers don't have to be in order, they just have be unique).

You may want to add a line like this too before the second download.

SLEEP902=5

• 4. Re: HTGET: unable to find file h:\IMAGE.EXE,.  Error 2

Try this....

REMEXEC28=r:\net\htget -o r:\dos\prtition.exe http://%CUSTJOBHOSTIP%/landesk/files/prtition.exe, STATUS

SLEEP901=5

REMEXEC902=r:\net\htget -o r:\dos\prtition.exe http://%CUSTJOBHOSTIP%/landesk/files/prtition.exe, STATUS
                • 5. Re: HTGET: unable to find file h:\IMAGE.EXE,.  Error 2
                  Apprentice

Thanks rhyous.  I'll try it when I get in work tomorrow morning.  If it works, I'll need to update every other INI script file (currently over 150!) with these additional lines, which is odd because it's been working for months without any changes knowingly and no clues in the Event Logs.

Scott

• 6. Re: HTGET: unable to find file h:\IMAGE.EXE,.  Error 2
                    Apprentice

Rhyous, I have just updated the INI file with the lines you added (above) but unfortunately it makes no difference, it still hangs at "waiting for command" and before I reboot the machine, the contents of the logfile already confirm it failed.  The logfile is the same so I don't need to post it again.

So I re-added the REMEXEC999=command.com to break out to a command prompt to check whether R:\DOS\PRTITION.EXE exists and it does (I must've got it wrong then!).

Do you think it's still a problem with the partition wipe?

Thanks

Scott

• 7. Re: HTGET: unable to find file h:\IMAGE.EXE,.  Error 2
                      Apprentice

Finally getting somewhere with this...

In 8.5:-

Volume in drive R is MS_RAMDRIVE.  Directory of R:\DOS:
                      HIMEM.SYS 29136
                      MODTEX.EXE 20353
                      PCISCAN.EXE 14618
                      UNZIP.EXE 50229
                      XMSDSK.EXE 20016
                      TOKREPL.EXE 36734
                      FWORKCL.EXE 125830
                      PWORKCL.EXE 130206
                      PRTITION.EXE 48124
                      TOTAL = 475246 bytes
                      221184 bytes free (696430 bytes!)

In 8.8:-

Volume in drive R is MS_RAMDRIVE.  Directory of R:\DOS:
                      HIMEM.SYS 29136
                      MODTEX.EXE 20353
                      PCISCAN.EXE 14618
                      UNZIP.EXE 50229
                      XMSDSK.EXE 20016
                      TOKREPL.EXE 36734
                      FWORKCL.EXE 204402
                      PWORKCL.EXE 248135
                      PRTITION.EXE 47104 (should be 48124!)
                      TOTAL = 670727 bytes
                      0 bytes free

So, only 47104 of the 48124 bytes for PRTITION.EXE can be copied to the RAMDRIVE before it becomes full and this must explain why the PRTITION WIPE command fails because the file is incomplete! Strangely, the RAMDRIVE in 8.5 allows for 696430 bytes but the RAMDRIVE in 8.8 only allows for 670727 bytes??? If the RAMDRIVE in 8.8 was larger all files would transfer fine.  Also, all files are the same in name and size except FWORKCL.EXE and PWORKCL.EXE which are larger in 8.8 and appear to be the cause of filling-up the RAMDRIVE before PRTITION.EXE can be fully copied. The date modified of both WORKCL.EXE and FWORKCL.EXE in 8.8 is 06-Apr-2006 so this suggests the file has not recently changed or inflated in size.

Can we copy the smaller versions of FWORKCL.EXE and PWORKCL.EXE from 8.5 to 8.8 to resolve this issue or is this not advisable?  Can we increase the size of the RAMDRIVE and if so how?

How can we best resolve this situation please?

• 8. Re: HTGET: unable to find file h:\IMAGE.EXE,.  Error 2

Ahh...the dreaded memory space issue.  I remember spending hours and days trying get more space.

Well, lets look at the files you have.

Unzip is only used on bootup and could be delete before prtition.exe is downloaded.

Same with PCISCAN.EXE.

Change your disks to delete those files at the very end of the boot sequence in the Autoexec.bat (or change your scripts to delete them before they other files are downloaded) and you should be good to go.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                        • 9. Re: HTGET: unable to find file h:\IMAGE.EXE,.  Error 2
                          Apprentice

Thanks rhyous.  Sure enough, I inserted an additional command to delete PCISCAN.EXE to free-up memory space:-

REMEXEC999=del r:\dos\PCISCAN.EXE

... and my machine is imaging as normal again.

How did this happen all of a sudden though? Did the RAMDRIVE shrink or did the files increase/inflate?

Cheers

Scott

• 10. Re: HTGET: unable to find file h:\IMAGE.EXE,.  Error 2
                            Apprentice

Hi rhyous / all, here's the fix from LANDesk Support that worked for me:-

To increase the size of the RAMDRIVE.

1 - Download WinImage from winimage.com, you  will need this to modify the DOSPE image files.
                            2 - With WinImage open  \\CORE\ldlogon\landesk\files\BOOTMENU.1
                            3 - Extract the files autoexec.bat  and config.sys
                            4 - Open autoexec.bat with notepad
                            5 - The 5th line  should say something like

dos\xmsdsk <SIZE> r: y/ t/

Change the size value to 4096.
                            6 - Save the changes to autoexec.bat  and open config.sys with notepad
                            7 - Modify your file so the lines bellow  have the same content.

SHELL=COMMAND.COM /p /E:4096
                            BUFFERS=100 
                            FILES=100

8 - Save the file.
                            9 - Copy the files back in to the  bootmenu.1 file using winimage
                            10 - Press the save button.

11 -  Repeat steps 2 to 10 on the file DOSUNDI.1 that is in the same folder.

12 - Redeploy the PXE representative so that it has the updated DOSPE  images, once it has finished confirm the modification date on the PXE rep to  confirm it has updated successfully.
                            13 - Boot with DOSPE and check if the  RAMDRIVE size has increased.

Hope it helps others (not that I'm expecting many others to still be using DosPE!)

Scott

• 11. Re: HTGET: unable to find file h:\IMAGE.EXE,.  Error 2
                              Employee

Solution also now available as a document in community.

http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-7912